[BHS Etree] SPORTS - Ultimate Frisbee Starts Sept. 11 at 10 am

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Fri Aug 5 20:34:27 PDT 2011

Do not reply to this email, contact Coach Jordan, jordaneous at gmail.com

The Berkeley High Ultimate Frisbee team is starting up again this September
and is always open to new members, from incoming frosh to seniors, both boys
and girls, and novices thru experienced players are all welcome.

Our season begins on Sunday, September 11th at 10am on the turf field at
BHS. We play fall through spring, generally practice two to three times per
week, and play around 30 games per year against other local high schools and
colleges. Last May we placed 4th in the State at the USA Ultimate CA State
Championships. Berkeley Ultimate is a club sport at Berkeley High School and
is supported by the parents, alumni and players.

Practices are intense, like any other team, so pace yourself and expect to
run a ton. Bring water, cleats, shorts, sunscreen, a dark and a light shirt,
and as it gets cold, appropriate clothing. Ultimate is great cross training
for other sports, involving speed, strategy, skills, hand-eye coordination,
conditioning, teamwork, strength, endurance and of course necessitating (if
not outright creating) a great attitude.  Come give it a try!  If you (or
your child/ren) are interested, email me with questions or just show up at
our first tryout/practice.

Thanks!

Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Pat Anderson are the parent-volunteer
<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To