[BHS Etree] INCOMING FAMILIES - Math and Foreign Language Placement Letters

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Jun 15 10:24:12 PDT 2011

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Janet Huseby jhuseby at pacbell.net

On Wednesday, June 15 we are taking Incoming student placement letters to
the BUSD mailroom.  We expect the letters will be at the US post office by
Thursday or Friday at the latest.

1. Math Placement.  All incoming students who took the math placement test
and whose current teachers submitted a recommendation should receive a  math
placement letter. If your child did not take a math placement test there
will be a makeup offered today, Wednesday June 15 at 2 p.m. in H306 AND on
Wednesday, June 22 at 2 pm. in D220.  The D building is the administration
building on the corner of Allston Way and Milvia.

If, after you receive your child's placement you have questions, these
questions may be directed to the math placement team at
bhsmath at berkeley.k12.ca.us.

2. Language Placement. All incoming students who want to take a world
language starting at a level other than beginning were asked to take a
language placement test. The one exception were BUSD middle school students
currently taking Spanish or French. The results of these tests are being
mailed home.  If your student did not take an exam, a makeup will be offered
on Tuesday, August 23 at 10 p.m. in Portable Four.

If you should have questions after receiving your student's placement
letter, you may contact Daniel Roose at daniel_roose at berkeley.k12.ca.us.

3. Freshmen orientation/registration is Monday, August 22.  You will receive
information about orientation in the Summer Mailing which is scheduled to be
compiled  Wednesday and Thursday--August 3 and 4.

4. Summer Mailing.  This massive, entertaining, all-day mailing will take
place on August 3 and 4. If you can help--for a few hours or all day--you
will find that it is a great way to be the first on your block to find out
what is happening and to meet new friends.  Watch the etree for more
information!

5. Enjoy the summer - we are excited to be seeing your students in August!

Janet Huseby

Outreach and Volunteers Coordinator

Berkeley High School

Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Pat Anderson are the parent-volunteer
<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To