[BHS Etree] VOLUNTEERS - Development Group Meeting Announcement

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Sun Jun 5 07:20:05 PDT 2011

Do not reply to this email, contact Jenny Burroughs,
jdburroughs at sbcglobal.net

Want to help Berkeley High?  Consider joining the board of the Berkeley High
School Development Group, the primary fundraising group for the entire
school, and help us decide how to spend the funds we raise.  This year, we
hosted 2 fundraising events, held a phonathon and produced our Annual Report
-- through these efforts, we raised approximately $120,000 for the school.
Some of the programs we fund include the school wide After School Tutoring
program (BHS teachers in their classrooms,) Ralph Cantor and the Health
Center's Drug and Alcohol Intervention and Prevention program, and the
Classroom Teachers Grants ($200 for all teachers to spend on any classroom
supplies they need.)  Additionally, we accept requests from students,
teachers, volunteers and administrators for specific projects and items.
Finally, we were able to help fund and will administer 37 First Step
Scholarships to graduating seniors, most of whom are the first in their
families to attend college.

We meet Monday evening in the Library at 7 p.m., hope to see you there!

Feel free to contact Jenny Burroughs (jdburroughs at sbcglobal.net) or Rosa
Luevano (rluevano at pacbell.net) with questions.

Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Pat Anderson are the parent-volunteer
<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To