[BHS Etree] BULLETIN - Student Daily Bulletin, June 3 (Fri.)

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Jun 2 21:30:28 PDT 2011

PLEASE do not reply to this email. All information is collected and prepared
for the bulletin by Belinda McDaniel at the BHS front desk. No additional
information or details are available from the etree.

STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN

*New or Updated Information

Friday, June 3, 2011

SAT word of the day: admissible (adj.) - having the right or privilege of
entry.

ADMINISTRATION

Finals schedule

Tuesday, June 14th              Period 1, 8:30 -10:30 am          Period 2,
10:40 -12:40 pm

Wednesday, June 15th         Period 3, 8:30 -10:30 am          Period 4,
10:40 -12:40 pm

Thursday, June 16th             Period 5, 8:30 -10:30 am          Period 6,
10:40 -12:40 pm

Friday, June 17th                  Make up Finals

*1. Ready for Finals?  Come to a Final Exam Prep Workshop after school today
from 3:30 - 4:30 in the College Career Center.  We will help you get
organized so you can ace your finals!  See Ms. Mitchell in D222 for more
info.

2. URGENT!!!! All  students must have the Tdap vaccination in order to start
school in the fall.  If your child has not had this shot, make sure they get
one before September 1st.  This is a new policy.  If your child has had a
Tdap shot after the age of seven, please bring proof to BHS immediately to
the health center or the front office.  Thanks for your cooperation.

3. Achievers will be on campus at lunch in the courtyard on Wednesday, June
8th.  This is the last chance for graduates to pick up or purchase a cap and
gown before graduation day.

4. Yearbooks are for sale after school in H102B for $80.  They are no longer
for sale online.  Please make checks payable to BHS Yearbook. Books are
going fast! Students with free/reduced lunch will still receive a discount.
Only 300 copies left!

CLUBS

1. Is your club continuing next year or do you want to start a club for next
year?  Come pick up the club registration form in the leadership office
today-don't delay.

2. Last chance to join the Jacket!  Writer, Photographer, and Illustrator
applications are available in C400.  The last day to turn them in is Friday,
June 3rd.

*3. Earphone English on Friday at lunch in C124.  Come see the end of "The
Ghostly Hallows"- part I! Please come quickly so we'll have time.

SENIORS

SENIORS - URGENT ATTENTION! Diplomas will be mailed during the week of July
11, 2011. You will need to provide your SUMMER MAILING ADDRESS if different
from the one currently on file at Berkeley High School . You will need to
provide the updated address to the Registrar's office at lunch time and
after school (ONLY) until 3:45pm, Monday through Friday from now until June
10, 2011.  If you do not receive your diploma by the end of July 2011, you
will need to check with the registrar's office (room D173) in August.

EVENTS

1. The BHS Jazz Lab Bands, Ensemble and Combos will perform at the final
concert of the semester on Friday, June 10, 2011 at the BHS (Florence
Schwimley) Little Theater beginning at 7:00 p.m. Tickets are $10 (General
Admission); BHS students and staff are free; and other student tickets are
$3.  Lots of snacks and soft drinks will be available for purchase  AND
every concertgoer will receive a FREE vintage BHS Jazz T-shirt (while they
last)!! This will be the last BHS Jazz performance for several Ensemble
seniors.  Let's give them a terrific sendoff! Come enjoy the evening, hear
terrific music, and support all of our talented musicians and BHS Jazz !!

*2. Please come out and support the BHS Cheer and Dance teams at the 24th
Annual Berkeley Juneteenth Festival, Sunday, June 26, 2011, 10am - 6:00pm.
Stop by our booth and enjoy our fresh picked Cheer Corn on the Cob from
Dwellers Farms, in Brentwood CA., or how about an ice cold beverage.  We're
looking forward to seeing you there.

*3. Summer High School Printmaking Intensive at Kala Art Institute, Berkeley
www.Kala.org/CampKala  July 18-29 from 10-4pm. Students may enroll in one or
both weeks. Tuition assistance is available. Workshops focus upon four
distinct areas and applications of printmaking: drawing for printmaking,
monotypes, bookmaking and experimental printmaking. For enrollment
inquiries, please contact: Jamila Dunn, Artists-in-Schools Program Manager
jamila at kala.org tel: 510.841.7000 x203

Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Pat Anderson are the parent-volunteer
bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To