[BHS Etree] ADMIN/VOLUNTEERS - AP/IB 152 Thank yous!

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon May 23 14:51:30 PDT 2011

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Janet Huseby,
jhuseby at pacbell.net

On Monday the last of the AP/IB exams will be proctored by parent Erica
Altobelli who coincidentally also proctored for the very exam way back on
Monday, May 2. IN BETWEEN we had 810 students taking 1,700 AP exams and
230 students taking 626 individual IB exams. I will do the math for you:
2,326 individual exams spread out over three weeks.  Wow.  The exam number
is large and impressive but so too is the number of proctors who took time
off from work, took vacation days, shuffled their lives around so our
students could shine, and shine they did. Our dear children were checked
in and watched over by 132 proctors. An additional 20 (plus) proctors
showed up to help during AP pre-test booklet sessions.  That makes 152
heartfelt and awestruck thank yous. Community, you are the best!

Ashley Milton the IB Coordinator writes below a note to the proctors:
Parents, I wanted to extend a huge thank you for all of your support and
help during the IB exams.  It is so wonderful to have so many of you that
are willing to give up your time to help us; there is no way that we could
do it without you.  Your tremendous help makes it possible to run all of
the exams smoothly and efficiently.  So thank you for all of the passing
out, collecting, question answering, time-keeping, escorting, and
flexibility during the exams.  Most importantly your presence shows your
great support for all of our students.  Thanks again!  Ashley Milton

Janet Huseby

BHS Volunteer Coordinator

jhuseby at pacbell.net

Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Pat Anderson are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To