[BHS Etree] BULLETIN - Student Daily Bulletin, May 10 (Tues.)

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue May 10 07:37:44 PDT 2011

PLEASE do not reply to this email. All information is collected and
prepared for the bulletin by Belinda McDaniel at the BHS front desk. No
additional information or details are available from the etree.

STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN

*New or Updated Information

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

ADMINISTRATION

*1. Attention students taking PHYSICS: students who signed up for Physics
next year, not AP or IB, please see Mr. McHugh in G214 at lunch all this
week.

2. Yearbooks are for sale after school in H102B for $80.  They are no
longer for sale online.  Please make checks payable to BHS Yearbook.
Books are going fast. Students with free/reduced lunch will still receive
a discount.

SPORTS

*1. Berkeley High School Boys Tennis - Come support the Yellow Jackets in
their quest for the NCS championship!  They play at 3:30 at Campolindo
High School in Moraga on Tuesday, 5/10.  Campolindo High is at 300 Moraga
Rd, Moraga, CA.  Go Jackets!

2. Anyone interested in playing Basketball next year: there will be open
gym for boys starting every Monday and Wednesday from 4-6pm in the old
gym, upstairs.  Hope to see you there.  Coach Neill.

SENIORS

*1. Express Tuxedo will be here Tuesday, and Wednesday at lunch taking
orders.All tuxedos are on special for $89.00. Don't miss this great
deal!!!

*2. Attention All AC Seniors:  The AC student commencement meeting is on
May 16th in Room C310.  Help plan to make our first commencement a
success.

*3. If you're planning to participate in Asian Graduation, June 11th.
Please remember to sign up to get your sash!  Each sash is $23.  To sign
up go to C334 at lunch or after school.  Deadline to pay sashes is this
Friday!

4.  Senior Prom tickets will be sold only after school at the A bldg
ticket booth! (On Allston way) Tickets: $75 - The theme of Senior Prom is
Oasis Nights at the SF Galleria on May 14th.  Make sure you get your
ticket as soon as possible.

4. Seniors!  Looking to get published?  Want to get your voice heard?  The
class of 2011 is publishing a guidebook for the future generations of
Berkeley High School .  Submit your responses to C115.  Surveys are
available online at school or contact your English teachers.

JUNIORS

 Hey Juniors!  Didn't have fun at your Junior Prom?  Well, Senior Prom is
now open to Juniors...Buy your tickets at the Senior Steps. Oasis Nights
is calling you!

COMMUNITY SERVICE

1. Berkeley Arts Magnet School's annual BAM Jam fundraiser and carnival is
coming up on Friday, May 13th, and we are once again seeking BHS student
volunteers to run the carnival portion of the evening.   Come run some fun
carnival games, enjoy a free dinner, earn volunteer hours if you need
them, and support a BUSD elementary school.   Last year's carnival was a
huge success and completely run by BHS volunteers - we appreciate your
help! Volunteers needed on Friday, May 13th, 5:30-8:30 PM.  To sign up,
please contact Chaghig Walker minassianwalker at yahoo.com  or call 510 882
3726.

2. John Muir Elementary School is looking for BHS volunteers for our
annual May Fair, Thursday, May 19.  It's a big fundraiser for our school
and we need help running games, supervising activities and with cleaning
up.  John Muir is the smallest elementary school in the BUSD. We're
located near the Claremont Hotel near the 49 bus stop. Join the fun -
you'll earn volunteer hours and get a free dinner to boot. Please contact
Barbara Steuart at b2_steuart at hotmail.com or 843-8262 if you're interested
or have further questions.

EVENTS

1. Now enrolling, Kayak Polo Youth Class for ages 10-17.  Tuesdays, 7-9 pm
until June 21, 2011. Richmond Swim Center- Cost $150 for 10-week season.
Contact Peter at 510-326-7232. Or email pharg at sbcglobal.net for details.

Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Pat Anderson are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To