[BHS Etree] COLLEGE TESTING - Free SAT II workshop this Saturday

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Mar 30 23:27:59 PDT 2011

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact People's Test Preparation
Service, ptps.berkeley.publicity at gmail.com

Dear parents, teachers and students,

We are hosting SAT II subject test workshops this Saturday (4/2) [Math]
and the next Saturday (4/9) [Biology].  SAT II tests are an important
gauge that colleges use to judge students' mastery in certain subjects.
Although UCs no longer require SAT II's for admission, they are still
necessary for private schools (and having high scores help for UCs).  For
engineering schools, we personally recommend high scores on Math II and 2
subjects from Physics, Chemistry, or Biology.

What: SAT II subject test workshop

When: This Saturday, April 2nd, 3-5pm and April 9th
Where: Room 234 Dwinelle (same location for next Saturday)
Bring: Pencil, eraser and calculator (any kind of calculator is allowed -
scientific or graphing)

Please register online at
http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~ptps/workshopregistration.html
<http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/%7Eptps/workshopregistration.html>

Registration is not mandatory, but we would appreciate if you did
register, because it'll let us know how many students to expect.

Thank you,
-Leona and Paul
--

Leona Shum and Soohwang Yeem

Publicity Coordinator | People's Test Preparation Service (PTPS)
University of California Berkeley
ptps.berkeley.publicity at gmail.com

Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Pat Anderson are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To