[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Volunteers, a Thank You!

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Fri Feb 4 16:09:46 PST 2011

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Janet Huseby jhuseby at pacbell.net

A few years (decades?) ago there was a photography book series: A Day in the
Life...  Had I had a camera in hand, the last two weeks would have made a
great  addition to the series: Two Weeks in the Life of Berkeley High
Volunteers.

Last week 16 volunteers came in over four days to label, stuff and glue shut
3,400 pieces of mail.  They were helped by the 55 regular volunteers who on
a weekly basis answer questions and direct visitors at the Front Desk. On
Tuesday and Wednesday of this week 53 volunteers came in to register,
proctor, and sort for the all sophomore Exit Exams. On 8th Grade Information
Night, volunteers came to usher, talk, and promote the various small
schools. On College Night we sold copies of The Berkeley Book of College
Essays--a fund-raiser for the College and Career Center produced by
volunteers. On every day (10:30 on Mondays/9:30 on the other days) a
volunteer stepped out of the Front Office leading a group of prospective
families on a small group tour. And we kept track of all these comings and
goings thanks to the three volunteers who efficiently and meticulously run
the BHS etree.

Every one of the volunteers squeezed time out of their day--taking time off
from work, putting off important commitments--in order to support and help
the education of our precious children. Our children are loved--and I love
the community that steps up and comes through for them over and over.

Thank you very much.

Janet

Janet Huseby

BHS Volunteer Coordinator

Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Pat Anderson are the parent-volunteer
<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To