[BHS Etree] BSEP: Commitee Meeting Agenda for February 7, 2011

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Sun Jan 30 21:24:04 PST 2011

Do not reply to this email, contact Hector Cardenas,
hector.cardenas at theergogroup.com

Berkeley High School - BSEP

Meeting Agenda

DATE:                              Monday, February 7, 2011

LOCATION:                    BHS D-Bldg. (Administration Bldg.) Conference
Room

TIME:                               4:00-5:30 PM

Co-chairs:                      Allen King
(allenk at mindspring.com) 510-501-3307

                                          Héctor Cárdenas

                                          (
<mailto:hector.cardenas at theergogroup.com> hector.cardenas at theergogroup.com)
510 508 5433

--------------------------------

4:00         1. Members and alternates sign in

                 2. Establish quorum: 8 voting members including 2 staff, 2
students and 2 parents

                 3. Introductions

                 4. Approval of minutes from previous meeting.

                 5. Approval of Agenda-Changes

                 6. Select process observer

4:05         Public Comment

4:15         Co-chair Report

4:20         BSEP P&O Report

4:25         Global Issues in Funding Decisions-Discussion

1.    How do we balance our desire to make room for new programs with the
need to continue supporting programs of proven value?

2.    How much should factors relating to budget crises at the district
level or in Sacramento affect our budget-making process?

3.    To what extent do we as individuals consider ourselves as representing
the interests of a specific community at Berkeley High and how might that
influence our vote when it comes to deciding between worthy programs?

5:05         Comment by P&O Representatives on Global Issues in Funding
Discussion

5:10         Progress of program evaluations

5:20         SSC Report

5:29         Process Observer report

5:30         End of meeting

Schedule of meeting for 2010-11
The first Monday of every month from 4:00-5:30 in Conference Rm B of the
D-Bldg except for March, when there will be two meetings where the budget is
discussed and voted. These meeting will occur on March 7 & 21 from 4:00-9:00
p.m.

BSEP stands for Berkeley Schools Excellence Program, funded by the Measure A
parcel tax of of 2006

 <http://www.berkeley.net/BSEP-history/>
http://www.berkeley.net/BSEP-history/

The public is welcome to attend all BHS BSEP committee meetings. The budget
that this committee develops each year uses the discretionary site funds
that are allocated to each school site as outlined in the Berkeley property
tax Measure A to fund "Programs to Enhance Student Learning."  You may read
the entire measure at this website:  <http://www.berkeley.net/BSEP/>
http://www.berkeley.net/BSEP/

The purpose of the BSEP Site Committee is "to develop a budget to allocate
BSEP/Measure A School Site Discretionary Funds for the personnel, services
and materials required to deliver effective activities leading to improved
student performance as outlined in the Single Plan for Student Achievement."
The committee will have over $600,000 available to allocate to site
enrichment programs for the 2011-12 school year.

Contact co-chairs for more information.

Allen King    <mailto:allenk at mindspring.com> allenk at mindspring.com

Hector Cardenas     <mailto:hector.cardenas at theergogroup.com>
hector.cardenas at theergogroup.com