[BHS Etree] EVENTS: MLK Day Walk

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Jan 10 20:18:53 PST 2011

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Natasha Beery,
natashabeery at earthlink.net

The KING WALK IN CELEBRATION began January 2009 when President Obama was
inaugurated as the first African American President of the United States. We
continue to celebrate the difference Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. has made in
all of our lives by this celebration in Berkeley. We honor and celebrate our
Berkeley schools and community. Please join us in this year's celebration.

This year's emcee during the program at King Middle School will be
elementary school teacher Byron Delcomb, who teaches in Oakland's Lafayette
Elementary School and who is also an Oxford Elementary School parent.

The DREAM Lives Today

3rd Annual "A Walk for Change"

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION

Monday, January 17, 2011

Berkeley - "Rain or Shine"

Gathering 10:30 at Jefferson Elementary School

At Acton and Rose Streets

Breaking Bread Together Before We Walk at

11:00 Walk up Rose Street on sidewalk

to King Middle School at Grant and Rose Streets

Program CELEBRATION upon arrival in the

King Middle School Auditorium followed by

"A Day of Service" at our Berkeley schools

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED

Rejoicing in HOPE, POSSIBILITY and the NEW!

COME JOIN US!

Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Pat Anderson are the parent-volunteer
<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To