[BHS Etree] STUDENT ACTIVITIES: Canned food drive and Holiday Meal volunteers

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Fri Nov 19 13:36:52 PST 2010

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Flora Ziprin,
flora.ziprin at gmail.com

CANNED/PACKAGED FOOD DRIVE
In conjunction with preparations for the Holiday Meal there is a canned food
drive on campus.  The goal is 3400 pounds of food, or one pound for every
student on campus.  A small portion of this food will be used to make some
dishes for our meal, most of it will be donated to the Alameda County Food
Bank.  From the Food Bank: "The need is greater then ever with 1 out of
every 6 Alameda county residents utilizing our services, 43% of which are
children."

Please encourage your student to get involved by bringing canned or other
non-perishable foods to school.  There are bins for drop-off in the C and D
buildings and G-H breezeway.

VOLUNTEERING AT HOLIDAY MEAL
Students and parents can also get involved by volunteering at the meal.
Shifts are:

Friday Funsters: December 10, 4:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Early Birds: December 11, 7:30 am - Noon
Homestretch Heroes: December 11, Noon - 4:30 pm

If you would like to volunteer please send Flora Ziprin
(flora.ziprin at gmail.com), ASB Chief of Service, full names of volunteers,
whether the volunteer is a student, parent, or community member, and what
shift(s) you will work.

Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Pat Anderson are the parent-volunteer
<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To