[BHS Etree] ADMIN: School Notes: Tips, sports, news, spirit volunteers

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Oct 18 21:33:13 PDT 2010

Contact: Janet Huseby jhuseby at pacbell.net

Information on Spirit Rally, Sports, website tips, Alumni in the News

1. Detailed information on Spirit Week is coming in the next day or two.
Meanwhile, ahead of the information curve is my second call for volunteers.
I walked the Community Theater with Principal Scuderi and he wants 56
volunteers in the theater alone-ear plugs will be provided-and an additional
16 for pre-rally perimeter spotting. That is a total of 72 volunteers. So
far, I have heard from 28.   Parents will not be disciplinarians but ushers
as well as extra eyes and ears.  I am also looking for four parents who can
be "captains" during the run up to the rally to help me get volunteers to
their assigned spot quickly.   I am asking captains to come in for a theater
tour on Thursday at 8:30.  If you have already volunteered but are willing
to be a captain, please let me know. If you have not yet offered your
services at all, please do!  This is a fun day and it is nice to have a
reason to be on campus.  (And, if your child prefers not to have you around,
I can make sure your paths will never cross!) Contact me at
jhuseby at pacbell.net

2. Sports Roundup:  Of course the point of a spirit rally is to enhance
spirit and this year our Fall sports teams are on a roll!

*         Last week our Football team beat De Anza High School 63-0 and the
week before that they swept Alameda 49-0. Right now we are 2 and 1 in league
and 4 and 3 overall.  The next football game is Friday at Richmond followed
by the homecoming game against El Cerrito on Oct. 29.

*         This past Saturday Berkeley High boys Water Polo won the Pinole
Valley Tournament-for the first time ever-with an exciting 4-1 win over
Marin Academy! To climb the ladder the team also beat Novato and Terra Linda
(in OT) and league rivals Pinole Valley.  Water Polo continues with its
final league game on Thursday @Pinole Valley.

*         The girls in Volleyball and Tennis are not too shabby either.
Both are undefeated in league.  Way to go Yellow Jackets!

3. Two good resources to be found on the PTSA website

*       The BHS specific pages found in the Student Organizer may be located
online at http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/docs/BHS_PLANNER.pdf

*       The BHS administrative team responsibilities may be found at
http://bhs.berkeleypta.org/bhs-admin.htm

4. MISC! Two Berkeley High grads from the class of '06-David Singer-Vine and
Niles Hollowell-Dhar-who perform as the Cataracs  are making it big time in
the music world. Their song Like a G6
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Like_a_G6>   is  #1 on the iTunes top 100
songs in the USA.

Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Pat Anderson are the parent-volunteer
facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions or concerns to them
at bhs-owner at lmi.net

only in the subject line: 'unsubscribe' (or 'subscribe').

http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/