[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Spirit Week Information and Request for Volunteers

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Oct 13 17:45:01 PDT 2010

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL, to volunteer contact Janet Huseby
[mailto:jhuseby at pacbell.net]

Berkeley High's famous, exuberant Spirit Week is the last week in October.
The first four days of the week feature themed dress up days and noontime
entertainment. Leading up to the culminating event (which is our Homecoming
Football game against El Cerrito High School) is the rousing Red and Gold
Spirit Rally on Friday afternoon, October 29.  Everyone (and I mean
everyone!) dresses in red and gold and cheers for their class and for
Berkeley High at an exhilarating loud rally which this year is going big
time:  The event will take place in the huge, awesome Community Theater!

Our kids plan all year round for Spirit Week and it IS a lot of fun; it is
also a lot of work for our staff who are responsible for the safety and
well-being of our students. We are looking for upwards of 60 parents from 1
p.m. to 3:30 on October 29 who can help.  We are looking for 40 parents who
can work the various theater doors as well as an additional 16 parents who
can keep an eye out at various perimeter doors and gates until the rally
begins.  All volunteers  will get to experience the rally.  We are looking
for extra adult eyes.

The afternoon will be an unforgettable experience! That, I can promise.  If
you can help, please contact me at [mailto:jhuseby at pacbell.net]  I look
forward to hearing from you.

Janet Huseby
BHS Volunteer Coordinator