[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, 10/5/10 (Tues.)
bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Oct 4 22:11:15 PDT 2010
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL. All information is collected and prepared for the bulletin by Belinda McDaniel at the BHS front desk. No additional information or details are available from the Etree.
STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN
October 5, 2010
*New or updated information
1. Annual BHS Jazz T-Shirt Contest: Become a famous graphic artist and be the envy of all your friends. Create the artwork and design for 2010-11 BHS Jazz T-Shirt. Artwork entries are due in the Band Room (A-201) by Wednesday, October 13. Voting by all BHS Jazz students will take place the following day. Pick up an entry flyer from Mr. Dailey in the Band Room today. Good luck!!
*2. Yearbooks are on sale at myyear.com $65 dollars until October 31st. Buy them for $70 in H102B during 7th period.
1. Do you need community service hours? Would you like to travel to a developing country to help build schools? Then come join buildON!! We meet every Tuesday in C317 at lunch.
2. Do you love drone and noise music? Do you have a burning desire to have harsh experimental music penetrate your ear drums? Come to C127 during lunch on Tuesdays where you will have the opportunity to discuss and listen to your favorite type of music with like-minded individuals.
*3. Come join Berkeley High’s Gay Straight Alliance, discuss important topics, educate your community, and have a whole lot of fun too. Berkeley High Gay Straight Alliance, a safe place for you to be. At lunch in H102A.
*4. The Black Scholars Club will be hosting a public speaker at the College/Career Center. She is a NASA Ames Research accountant. Rose King will be talking to students about affording college and college life. Come one, come all. Check time/date at College/Career Center.
*5. Join us for an informational meeting about Berkeley High’s cooking club. Thursday after school in H106, snacks provided.
*6. Come join Persian Club at lunch in room C126 on Friday, October 8, 2010.
*7. Want to give back to your community, build a stronger college resume, and acquire leadership skills? Come to Berkeley’s first ever Internet Club, Tuesdays at lunch in H201.
College Visits - Seniors only. Seniors, sign up in advance in the College/Career Center and pick up a permission slip. The complete list, updated weekly, is available at
or the Moodle site is updated daily.
8:27 Amherst College (MA)
9:31 Santa Clara University (CA)
10:40 New York University (NY)
12:24 U of Chicago (IL)
1:28 University of Southern California (CA)
2:32 Mills College (CA)
8:27 Northwestern University(IL)
10:40 Franklin W Olin (MA)
1:28 Tufts University(MA)
8:27 College of Idaho(ID)
9:31 Carleton College(MN)
10:40 Yale University(CT)
12:24 Whitworth University(WA)
1:28 *U of Rochester (NY)
2:32 United States Military Academy West Point(NY)
8:27 U of Washington(WA)
9:31 Humboldt State University(CA)
2:32 Pomona College (CA)
1. The PSAT is being offered at Berkeley High on Saturday, October 16th. Sign ups began on Monday, September 27 at lunch and after school to 4pm at the Accountant's office, D173. Registration ends on October 8. The fee is $22 cash, check or money order payable to Berkeley High School. All tenth and eleventh graders are urged to take this practice test.
If you want to join Women's LaCrosse come to the football field Tuesday and Thursday from 4:30 - 5:30 pm and the Derby field on Wednesdays from 6-7 pm. No experience necessary, come on out and play.
1. Starry Plough is looking for several students with a great work ethic to post promotional flyers around town, 5-10 students to work 1-2 hours per week each. Pay is $10 an hour. If a dedicated student is interested and reliable to work more hours, that opportunity can be discussed.
2. Youthworks Employment Program in the Department of Housing and Community Services will accept applications beginning October 1st through November 5th for the winter/after school program. Qualified youth ages 14 – 25. The pay is $8 an hour. To apply you need to go in person to the Youthworks office. For more information call 981-4970 or email youthworks at cityofberkeley.info.
Faye Carol Vocal Workshops - Fall 2010. Sign up today-space is limited. Tuesdays October: 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th @ 7:30 - 9:30 pm. Donation: $260/entire session
ACADEMIC CHOICE POTLUCK
*Attention All Academic Choice Parents and Guardians: We need all Academic Choice families to participate in the upcoming 9th and 10th GRADES POTLUCK, held on Wednesday, October 20,2010 at 6-8 pm in the Food Court. Last names beginning with A-M please bring salads and last names beginning with N-Z please bring desserts. We’re looking to have a good time getting to know the AC staff, counselors, students, and families. If you have any questions please contact scmcgillcheer at att.net or 510-919-6771.
More information about the BHS