[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, 9/27/10 (Monday)

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Sat Sep 25 12:41:52 PDT 2010

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL. All information is collected and
prepared for the bulletin by Belinda McDaniel at the BHS front desk.
Students hear these announcements read over the speaker system on a daily
basis. No additional information or details are available from the Etree.

STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN
Monday, September 27, 2010

*New or updated information

ADMINISTRATION

*1. BSEP meeting, October 4, 2010.  4:30 – 6pm. Conference room B. Please be
in attendance, all members, parents and staff.

2. Attention Jacket Staff: if you are currently on the Jacket and need help
with your assignment, please come to C400 after school Monday through
Thursday for drop-in help.  Also, come by THIS WEEK to get enrolled, if the
Jacket is not on your schedule.

3. Receive tutoring community service internship credit by tutoring in the
Mathworks program at Willard Middle school on Mondays from 4-5 pm.  Meet
Monday, October 4th at 3:45 pm on the Berkeley community Theater steps or
contact Willardmmathworks at gmail.com

4. BART tickets have arrived, you can pick them up during lunch time only.
If you didn't pre-order tickets, the next time you can pre-order will be
September 28th and 29th.

5. Spirit Week is the last week of October--it will come faster than you
think!!  So we need T-shirts designs now!  And yes it's a contest.  The
winner gets the t-shirt free and a spirit pack.  Tickets to a dance of your
choice or a VISA gift card!!!  Submit your t-shirt designs to the leadership
office by October 1st.  Your design should be for the front and the back of
the shirt!

6. Annual BHS Jazz T-Shirt Contest: Become a famous graphic artist and be
the envy of all your friends. Create the artwork and design for 2010-11 BHS
Jazz T-Shirt. Artwork entries are due in the Band Room (A-201) by Wednesday,
October 13. Voting by all BHS Jazz students will take place the following
day. Pick up an entry flyer from Mr. Dailey in the Band Room today. Good
luck!!

CLUBS

*1. Need Tutoring hours? Join Writer’s Connection and help students at King
Middle school. Improve their basic English Language skills!  We meet only
once a week after school at King, and we’re looking for enthusiastic new
tutors.

*2. Earphone English - Come to C124 at lunch on Friday.  We’ll have cookies
and enjoy listening to the beginning of the "Hunger Games."

SOPHOMORES/JUNIORS

1. The PSAT is being offered at Berkeley High on Saturday, October 16th.
Sign ups will begin on Monday, September 27 at lunch and after school to 4pm
at the Accountant's office, D173.  Registration ends on October 8.   The fee
is $22 cash, check or money order payable to Berkeley High School.  All
tenth and eleventh graders are urged to take this practice test.

SENIORS

*1. COLLEGE VISITS (Seniors only)
Over 100 college representatives visit Berkeley High each year.  These
visits take an entire class period and are held in the College/Career
Center.  Seniors may attend the visits by signing up in advance in the
College/Career Center and by having each teacher whose class they will miss
sign an authorization form (available in the College/Career Center) prior to
the visit.  Students may attend a maximum of 10 sessions because academics
are very important during the senior year.  The complete college visits list
is available at http://bhs.berkeley.net/index.php?page=finding-a-college, or
on Moodle for Seniors.

Monday, September 27
  9:57	Brown University (RI)
 10:46	U of Tulsa (OK)
 11:40	Bennington College (VT)

Tuesday, September 28
  8:27	Eugene Lang College (NY)
 10:40	Clark University (MA)

Wednesday, September 29
  9:31	Cal Poly San Luis Obispo (CA)

Thursday, September 30
  8:27	Connecticut College
  9:31	Hampshire College (MA)
 12:24	U of Pennsylvania
  2:32	Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)

Friday, October 1
  8:27	Seattle University
  1:28	Colorado College

SPORTS

1. Looking for athletes to join Women's Crew! See Coach Simon O'Neill in
G305 for information.

ALL STUDENTS

1. The Police and Life Academy for Youth (PLAY) provides an introduction to
and in-depth look at local criminal justice and law enforcement practices.
Starting September 27, we will spend 11 weeks covering topics that range
from knowing your rights and practicing them to emergency preparedness and
career opportunities.  There are only 15 spaces available this semester, so
sign up today with Mr Skeels or contact Fele Uperesa with the Berkeley
Boosters at 845-7193 to secure your spot.

OTHER

1. Are you getting your ZZZs?  We can help improve sleep and mood in teens.
We use specialized counseling sessions that aim to help teens feel less
depressed and help with trouble sleeping and trouble staying awake during
the day.  Tolman Hall, UC Berkeley Campus, call Kerrie Hein at 643-3797.

*2. Faye Carol Vocal Workshops - Fall 2010.   Sign up today-space is
limited.  Tuesdays in October: 5th,12th,19th, 26th @ 7:30 - 9:30 pm.
Donation: $260/entire session