[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, Tuesday, 9/14/10

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue Sep 14 11:01:21 PDT 2010

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL.  All information is collected and prepared for the bulletin by Belinda McDaniel at the BHS front desk. Students hear these annoucements read over the speaker system on a daily basis. No additional information or details are available from the etree.

STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN
September 14, 2010

Administration

1. Do you want to help tutor or mentor students at Willard Middle School?  You can get community service and tutoring hours by joining APIC’s new project, the Young People’s Program.  It is very rewarding opportunity to help struggling students and we encourage everybody interested to apply.  Please go to room C334 to pick up an application TODAY!

2. BART tickets have arrived, you can pick them up during lunch time only.  If you didn’t pre-order tickets, the next time you can pre-order will be September 28th and 29th.

3. Spirit Week is the last week of October, and it will come faster than you think!!  So we need T-shirts designs now!  And yes it’s a contest.  The winner gets the t-shirt free and a spirit pack.  Tickets to a dance of your choice or a VISA gift card!!!  Submit your t-shirt designs to the leadership office by October 1st.  Your design should be for the front and the back of the shirt!

4. Sign up for the Student Court Class!  Join the fight against the school-to–prision pipeline, and take part in the restorative justice revolution at Berkeley High.  The student court class is taught by a UC Berkeley Boalt Law student.  Students who join the class will be responsible for representing their peers in the Student Court proceedings.  Questions? Interested? Sign up now in H104.  Class begins today and takes place on Tuesdays and Thursdays 7th period.  This is a leadership elective course worth 5 credits per semester. Come by H104 for details about the Student Court.

CLUBS

1. New Outdoor Adventure Club meeting this Thursday at lunch.  Come to Room C115 to find out more. We plan to climb mountains, ski/snowboard, raft...bring your ideas!

2. Best Buddies Club - Would like to make new friends and participate in a fun club at Berkeley High?  If so, join Best Buddies! Come to our first informational meeting today.  It will be held at lunch in H106. Bring your friends, we hope to see you there!

3. Come to Rock Climbing Club.  All are welcome.  It’s a really fun  activity and you don’t need any experience.  Come to a meeting today in D220 at lunch.  See Breanna Bayba, Mr. Provost or Mr. Neumann.

4. Want to start a club?  Or do you need to re-register your club from last year?  Answer: yes you do.  Get club registration forms in the leadership office to start your club today.

5. Are you an Asian Pacific Islander or either in heart?  Want to meet some new people and attend fun social activities?  Come join the Asian and Pacific Islander Committee!  APIC welcomes everybody so come to the first meeting this Thursday at lunch in room C334.  We hope to see you there.

6. Do you want to save the world?? Come debate international issues at Model UN, and become a global citizen.  First meeting this Thursday at lunch in C315.

SENIOR /JUNIOR SECTION

1. College Information Night for seniors has been moved to Wednesday, September 15, at 6:30 pm in the BHS Library.

2. Hey Seniors interested in being in the 2011 Chicano Latino Graduation Committee?  Then come join us at our first meeting this Thursday, September 16 at 4:00 pm in the D Building.

3. College Visits (Seniors only)
09/14/10	12:24	U of Puget Sound (WA)
	1:28	Nagoya University(Japan)
09/15/10	08:27	Mt. Holyoke (MA)
	9:31	American University of Paris (CO)
	1:28	Williams College (MA)
	2:32	King's College (London)
09/16/10	12:30	Cornell College (IA)
09/17/10	8:27	Whitman College (WA)
	9:19	Drexel University (PA)
	12:48	Northeastern University(MA)
	1:44	U of Colorado Boulder (CO)
	2:32	Beliot College(WI)

SPORTS

Looking for athletes to join Women’s Crew!  See Coach Simon O’Neill in G305 for information.