[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Expectations for Fridays

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Sep 9 19:56:39 PDT 2010

A Message from Principal Scuderi:

Dear BHS Families:

I'm thus far pleased with the hard work our students and staff have invested
in the start of the school year. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to
what has so far been a very respectable opening.

Many thanks to those of you who took the time to discuss our expectations
around bullying and hazing with your kids. Throwing eggs, other objects,
and/or verbally insulting our newest students during what some refer to as
"Freshman Fridays" is not something Berkeley High School sees as in any way
acceptable. Please note and remind your students that carrying eggs onto our
campus, throwing them at students on or near the campus, or in any way
bullying or hazing another student will result in a lengthy suspension.
Again, the administrative team believes that this is a non-negotiable matter
of school climate and would like all the help from our parent community that
we can get. We know that it is a very small segment of our school community
that makes these unfortunate decisions to humiliate younger students, but I
nevertheless feel compelled to reiterate our commitment to dealing with this
in a firm and consistent manner.

In general, things have been coming along very nicely and we are committed
to working with all of our families to have a safe, productive, and
memorable school year for all of our students.

Have a good evening.

Pasquale Scuderi
Principal
Berkeley High School