[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Thoughts on Bullying and Hazing

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Sep 2 20:59:34 PDT 2010

A message from Principal Scuderi:

Dear BHS Families:

Many thanks to all students for contributing to a very positive opening day.
We will continue to work hard to provide a safe and productive learning
environment for all of our students. Students will excel the most when
parents, staff, and students themselves work together to foster a positive
school culture and respectful climate.

In past years, and to varying degrees, small groups of students have made
decisions to disrespect other students, often new students, with various
forms of hazing.

I would very much appreciate you talking to your child this evening, and
throughout the first weeks of school. I strongly urge you to suggest that
they refrain from anything that could be construed as bullying or hazing as
such behavior will result in suspension.

This is a matter of basic respect and a non-negotiable expectation where
school climate is concerned.

I hope you will understand why I think this is an important issue, and why I
could use your help.

Respectfully,

Pasquale Scuderi
Principal