[BHS Etree] VOLUNTEERS: Second Period Census

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Sep 2 09:52:14 PDT 2010

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL, CONTACT JANET HUSEBY[mailto:jhuseby at pacbell.net]

Every day for the first 10 days of school the attendance office at Berkeley High conducts a census during 2nd period.  Teachers are supposed to do attendance online within the first 15 minutes but many of them do not. We need runners to go to the classrooms that have not done so.

If you can help, please report by 9:30 to the front desk to sign in and get a volunteer badge.  Then head for the Attendance Office.  If you do not know where that is, the front desk volunteer will direct you.

Why this is important:  Berkeley High receives money from the State based on our Average Daily Attendance.  In addition, Berkeley High is staffed based on our ADA.  Many students are in our data base but do not actually show up.  We are not allowed to drop them from the books until they have not showed for 10 days.  In addition, class sizes which on paper may be fair are often skewed because of no shows.  Adjustments cannot be made until the no shows are dropped.  We need to know how many students are actually attending Berkeley High School.

Thanks - there is no need to contact me.  Please just show up at 9:30 per the instructions above.

Janet Huseby