[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Final Update On Registration/PE Clothes/Free and Reduced Lunch Forms

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue Aug 17 17:36:56 PDT 2010

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL, please contact Janet Huseby
[mailto:jhuseby at pacbell.net]

More questions have prompted another posting on what to bring to
orientation/registration.  This time I am adding information on the PTSA
envelope, PE clothes, transfer students and free and reduced lunch forms.
Also, I am still processing the many offers to help during registration, but
I know I am still going to need more volunteers.  If you are on the
fence—especially if you are a junior or senior or makeup parent—please
consider helping out during registration. Morning hours on Monday are 8:45
to 12:30 and afternoon hours are 12:45 to 3:45.  Hours Tuesday through
Friday are 8:15 to noon and 12:45 to 3:45.

1. On the registration information paper included in the packet we said free
and reduced lunch applications were located in the packet.  They were NOT
included in the packet.  The forms will be available to be filled out during
registration.  A representative from the school food service will be
available to answer questions. The forms are available in English and
Spanish. A new form must be filled out by each family each year.

2. Some of you did not receive a white PTSA envelope in your mailing because
they were delivered after roughly 20% of the packets were sealed. The white
envelopes were a easy way to join the PTSA. The PTSA supports communication
at the high school, as well as holds a number of informative and educational
meetings throughout the year.   If you would like to join, and the
organization would like as many families as possible to join, please send a
check in an envelope marked PTSA with a suggested amount of either $10, 25,
50, 100 or more.  The money is used to pay for the newsletter, the e-trees
and other projects the PTSA supports.  The first PTSA meeting is scheduled
for Thursday, September 16 from 7 to 9 p.m. All parents and guardians should
plan on attending as elections for the important school site and BSEP
committees will be held at that time.

3. PE clothes are not required but they are encouraged by the PE department.
Pants and T-shirts and sweatpants and sweatshirts will be on sale will be on
sale during orientation on Monday, August 23.  T-shirts and Shorts are
$10/each, Sweat Tops/pants are $15/each.

4. Transfer students in grade 10-12 should attend orientation on Monday,
August 23.  There are three sessions and they may choose which ever one they
want.  The three sessions are: 8:30 a.m.; 10:30 a.m.; 1 p.m.  Transfer
students should plan on attending registration on their regular class day in
addition to orientation on Monday.

5. The new and revised list of what to bring to registration is below:

What to bring:
1. Blue Health Forms for all freshmen,
2. Technology form filled out and signed by parent,
3. $4 for organizer,
4. Money for a school picture if you want the ABC Harrell package,
5. emergency card information (see below),
6. summer mailing white envelope which contains your STUDENT ID. (If you
lost your white envelope, don't panic, we will look up your student ID
number it will just take a little bit of time).
7. Money for PE clothes should you be purchasing any.
8. In addition we will be collecting PTSA membership envelopes and Jacket
subscriptions and distributing free and reduced lunch forms.

Emergency cards. This year we did not send home the traditional paper
emergency cards.  Our plan is to have everyone go online to
www.bhs.berkeley.net and input their emergency information.  This is
important to do every year.  If you have not already gone online to input
this information or do not have internet access, please bring the following
information to school so you may do it during registration: doctor's number,
dentist's number, health insurance information, three contacts to call in
case of emergency.

Janet Huseby
BHS Volunteer Coordinator
jhuseby at pacbell.net