[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Power School working on schedules, not up for public

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Fri Aug 13 10:13:25 PDT 2010

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Janet Huseby
[mailto:jhuseby at pacbell.net]

Some of you have noticed the Parent Portal to PowerSchool has been up
intermittently over the summer. The Parent Portal is now closed and will be
closed until the first day of classes.

"Scheduling of students and teachers is still underway," says Vice Principal
Kristin Glenchur. "Information that appeared briefly on the Parent Portal
was temporary, and we realized that students and families might think
schedules are finalized, which is not true."

"Actually, the schedules are still in flux as we adjust for incoming
students, new teachers, and other factors. We closed the Parent Portal so
that inaccurate information would not be disseminated."

Students will receive their final schedules the week of August 23. Freshmen
August 23, Sophomores August 24, Juniors August 25, Seniors August 26,
Makeup day August 27 (makeup hours will be posted later) and either August
30 or 31. The last date is subject to confirmation.

The Parent Portal will be available when the school year starts. For those
of you who are not familiar with PowerSchool, instructions to sign up were
printed in the newsletter.  We will repeat instructions when the Parent
Portal is up and running.  The parent portal allows parents, guardians and
students to check attendance, grades, and schedules online.  In addition,
many of the teachers use the portal to post assignments.