[BHS Etree] MISC: Youth Spirit Artworks Summer Program Application Due 6/16

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Jun 9 22:10:10 PDT 2010

Do not reply to this e-mail, contact
[mailto:Slhindman at youthspiritartworks.org]

Youth Spirit Artworks is accepting applications for its summer intensive Art
Studio and Community arts training programs. Applications are available
online or at Youth Spirit's art studio at 1769 Alcatraz Avenue in S.
Berkeley near the corner of Adeline Street. The deadline for applying is
Wednesday June 16th or until all spaces are filled.

Our programs start Monday June 21st and run through Aug. 20th Monday through
Friday. The Art Studio program runs from 9:45pm to 1:45pm at Berkeley
Technology Academy where we will be painting chairs and "talking sticks"
focused on non-violence. The Community Arts training program runs from 2pm
to 6pm at our art studio.

Youth are paid stipends of $300 for their summer training program
participation. They receive lunch in the morning program and snacks in the
afternoon program.

In order to be eligible youth need to be 16 to 25 years old. Our program is
geared toward supporting low-income young people.

For info. call: 510-282-0396 or email: shindman at youthspiritartworks.org