[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, Tues. 6/1

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Sat May 29 23:07:52 PDT 2010

STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN
June 1, 2010

*Indicates new or updated item

ADMINISTRATION

SAT word of the day: accept(v) To take when offered

*1. BART ticket orders will be taken for the last time today and tomorrow only. You may purchase additional tickets if you are enrolled in summer school. Please bring cash and the correct amount for the number of tickets to be ordered. Tickets are $16 each. No checks please.

*2. Lunchtime arts and crafts! Come to the school library during lunch on Tuesday, June 1st. Back by popular demand, teens librarians will bring supplies to make 1” round mini-button pins. Sponsored by the Berkeley Public Library.

3. Looking for Leadership and Community Service next year? Contact Karen Meryash at kspivey at ix.netcom.com or call 510-303-3048. Mathworks is looking for coordinators and Lead Tutors.

CLUBS

*1. We regret to inform you that a fire on Wednesday, May 19th devastated the Berkeley east Bay Humane society, a local animal shelter. The students of Ms. Rosen's English Classes are organizing lunch on June 3rd in the C-building gallery. All students and teachers are encouraged to bake and help out in way that they can. For all those interested, a meeting will be held at lunch in C326 on June 2nd to plan this and further fundraisers for the Humane Society.

2. Attention all club leaders: You must re-register your club now for the next school year. Or hey -- do you want to start a club for next year? Come to the leadership office to get the club registration form today!

SENIOR SECTION

*1. There's a mandatory Asian graduation meeting Friday in C334 at lunch! See you there!

2. Do you want a senior sweatshirt? Hey Seniors, I said "Don't you want a sweatshirt?" Get a lasting, cool, and useful memento of your awesomeness at Berkeley High. Senior hoodies are only $25 and we have all sizes. Come to the Leadership Office to get yours today!

SPORTS

*Cheerleader Tryouts for 2010 thru 2011 for fall and winter sports will be held beginning on June 9 and ending on June 11 in the Old Gym. If you have any questions please contact Coach Sandra McGill at (510) 919-6771.

EVENTS/PERFORMANCES

1. Hear the world premieres of three fantastic new songwriters, the finalists in the first BHS Songwriting Competition: Also featuring choral and solo songs by the Berkeley High Chorus and Vocal Jazz groups, with the assistance of both instrumental Jazz, and Dance performers. This is only the second year that Chorus has been back at Berkeley High. Come and give this excellent new program your support. Tuesday, June 1st at 7 pm in the Little Theater.

2. FREE Youth Music Concert Saturday 6/5, 5:00 PM
Who: WINDS ACROSS THE BAY, The East Bay's Premier Youth Wind Ensemble
When: Saturday, June 5, 2010, 5:00 PM
Where: Hilltop Community Church, 3118 Shane Dr, Richmond CA 94806
Cost: FREE

Come join us for our Spring Concert! Our theme is AMERICAN PORTRAITS, as we celebrate American composers. Featuring soloists Daniel Schumacher, Trumpet; Anna Ruth McKee, Bassoon; and Benjamin Shapiro, Piano, this concert celebrates WAB's return to the Hilltop Community Church. It will be our first performance in their state-of-the-art Performance Hall, newly completed in 2009. Joining us for part of the concert will be the 50-member strong Hilltop CC Sanctuary Chorus! Admission to the concert is FREE! (Those wishing to assist with our costs can donate to us via PayPal by following this link, and clicking on the DONATE button: http://www.windsacrossthebay.org/)