[BHS Etree] SUPERINTENDENT: Update on Principal Selection Process

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed May 19 06:59:29 PDT 2010

CONTACT: Mark Coplan [mailto:Mark_Coplan at berkeley.k12.ca.us]

Update on Berkeley High Principal Selection

The BUSD Human Resources Department received over 40 applications for the
Berkeley High School principal opening. Reviewing the applications they
refined it down to eight qualified candidates, and scheduled interviews for
six of them (two declined) with the Community & Technical Panels. Three of
the six did not show up for the interview, so the Human Resources Department
is re-posting the position, expanding to a national posting and a more
targeted California search. The panels will reconvene when the
second round is ready. We will update this information when Human Resources
are ready to move on to the next step.

It was later determined that one of the no-shows had accepted another
position he had interviewed for, we don't know if that was the case with the
others.

Mark A. Coplan
Public Information Officer, BUSD
510-644-6320 Cell: 510-472-3811