[BHS Etree] CLUBS: Muslim Prayer Each Friday

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon May 10 08:40:21 PDT 2010

Do not reply to this e-mail, contact Rabi’a Mirhadian
[mailto:heartafyr at gmail.com]

Salaams everyone

In Islam Friday is a day of prayer and learning.  Men are obligated to
gather and pray.  Although traditionally women are not obligated as men are
to gather to pray, all women are welcome.  Muslims and Jews often in their
past associations in Spain and other places in the Middle East shared common
ground culturally and religiously.  In a desire to develop cross
communication and fellowship, we ask our Jewish brothers to come and gather
with us.  Christians are welcome too.  Anyone who desires to share may
come.  As Mawlana Rumi said, "Come come whomever you are..."

A room or place that is used only for prayer is called a "Masallah." A
Mosque is a building dedicated to the community as a gathering place for all
religious needs.

Prayer room and time:

Room H110 between 12:30-1:30pm every Friday.

Please come and share our Masallah for meditation, and or prayer.

Peace

Rabi'a Mirhadian, RN BSN
Parent Adviser
Berkeley High School Muslim Student Assoc.
510-672-2018