[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, Tues. 5/4/10

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon May 3 18:48:29 PDT 2010

STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN
May 4, 2010

SAT Word of the Day: Aberrant
(adj.)
1.    Deviating from the proper or expected course.
2.    Deviating from what is normal; untrue to type.
(noun)
One that is aberrant.

ADMINISTRATION

1. Thank you to all of our teachers and faculty for supporting us throughout the year. You have made this year a great one! Yesterday was National Teachers Appreciation Day. If you would like to give an extra thank you, come by the leadership office to pick up a thank you card to sign and give to that special teacher.

2. AP exam students must report to the Donahue Gym at 7:30 am. The exam starts at 8:00 am. IB students report at 8:00 am, the exam will start at 8:15.

CLUBS

1. The Cinco de Mayo celebration has been postponed until further notice due to AP testing - Chicano/Latino & La Raza Club

2. Are you ready for Mother's Day? BHS Social Club is selling lollipop flowers or a lollipop bouquet! Prices are 50 cents to $5. Pick up an order form in H305 to order for pick up on Friday. Show Mom you care! (5/3-5/7)

3. Come celebrate Spring with Cooking Club. Cook and eat spring rolls and other Thai food! We'll be cooking together and eating together. Join us Tuesday, May 11th at 3:30 in room H106. Free food, fun, and friends!

SENIORS

1. Seniors!! Senior Ball tickets are on sale now in the Athletics Office, they are $70.

2. We are looking for Seniors to dance at graduation. Come sign up and join us!

3. Financial Aid Workshops will be in the College Career Center at 3:30 pm, Tuesdays.

ALL STUDENTS

1. When you buy your yearbook in H102B you have a chance to win a digital camera and other prizes. Look for $5 coupons in the Jacket.

2. Need a job? We need a student to update, redesign and expand an existing website. Work will include making a Paypal link, registering a new domain name and designing some new pages. All text and photos will be provided. Pay is $15/hour. Email buffycram at yahoo.com or phone 510/725-1949.

EVENTS

Academy Award nominated documentary "The Most Dangerous Man in America," co-directed by BHS and Willard parent, Rick Goldsmith, will be shown on May 6th at the Elmwood Theater in a special benefit for Willard Middle School. The film tells the story of Pentagon strategist Daniel Ellsberg's decision to leak top secret documents about the Vietnam War to the New York Times in 1971 - a decision that made headlines around the world. The program is from 7:15 to 9:30 and includes a Q&A with Rick Goldsmith and Patricia Ellsberg. Tickets are $25 at the door. Don't miss out on this story which changed the Vietnam War and the face of 20th century journalism.