[BHS Etree] BHSDG: Recruiting New Members, Next Mtg. Mon. 5/3

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Apr 29 18:28:17 PDT 2010

Please DO NOT REPLY to the E-tree. Contact Jenny Burroughs [mailto:jdburroughs at sbcglobal.net]

The Berkeley High School Development Group (BHSDG) is an all-volunteer, nonprofit 501 (c)(3) group made up of BHS parents, and is the primary fundraising group for the high school. BHS needs the money we raise to help the school continue to improve despite the funding cuts. Our website, www.bhsdg.org, has lots of information about what we do.

And now, BHSDG needs your help! Many parents of seniors who have been involved for years are leaving, and we need new parents to join our board. The BHSDG is a working board - all board members take on different jobs to help the organization run. And we're looking to fill some specific jobs for the 2010-2011 school year.

We try to have representation from all of the small schools and programs at BHS - currently, we're looking for a parent to be a representative from CAS for next year.

We're also looking for a "virtual" office manager - someone with excellent organizational skills who can pick up mail, make copies, and handle our remote voicemail message system.

Contact Jenny Burroughs, BHSDG Co-President, if you have questions jdburroughs at sbcglobal.net

We welcome you to attend our next meeting Monday, May 3, 7 - 9pm in the BHS Administration building classroom upstairs to check us out!