[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, Mon. 3/15
bhs at lists.lmi.net
Fri Mar 12 16:11:40 PST 2010
STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN
March 15, 2010
*Indicates new or updated item
1. Students interested in taking Honors Algebra 2 or Honors Math Analysis next year must take the placement exam. If you are currently enrolled in an Honors course at BHS and will end the year with an A or B you do not need to take the test. Any other current BHS student may sign up on the sign up sheets posted on the math office H113. Any off-campus students planning to take the test should email Amy Burke at amy_burke at berkeley.k12.ca.us with their preferred testing date. The test will take approximately one hour and is to be given on Monday, April 5 and Tuesday, April 6 in H304 at 4:00. Please note, this exam is different from the exam being offered to all incoming 9th graders. It is being offered to current 9th, 10th and 11th grade students both enrolled at BHS and coming into the school in the fall.
2. The CAHSEE is being offered in the Jacket Gym on Tuesday and Wednesday of next week. Tuesday March 16th is the English portion and Wednesday is Math. If you are a Senior or Junior who has not yet passed the exit exam, please plan on attending. If you are a Sophomore who was absent for either part of the February test, you should also plan on attending. The test will begin at 8:00 am. Please bring your student ID.
*1. Attention all Berkeley High Students! Please come to the fundraiser, candy and bake sale for Chile and Haiti at lunchtime today! Buy some yummy stuff and support needy people who still need your assistance! Support the BHS American Red Cross Club!
2. Join us for a St. Patty's Day celebration! Cooking Club is meeting on Tuesday, March 23 @ 3:30 in H106. We'll be making green pizza, pasta and salad. Join us for food, fun and friends!
3. BHS CHORUS upcoming performances are March 14 Berkeley High Live (Vocal Jazz) and March 21 (Performing Arts Showcase).
*The Berkeley High Ladyjackets Girls Basketball team advanced to the third round of state playoffs with a 69 - 56 win over the McClatchy Lions. Come out and support your Ladyjackets on Saturday 3/13 at 7 pm in the Donahue Gym. Go Jackets!
Juniors ONLY – Take an SAT or ACT practice test at BHS. Sign up in the College Career Center starting Monday, March 15th at lunch or after school - $15 CASH ONLY. The test will be on Saturday, April 17, 2010 9:00-1:00pm.
Seniors buy your senior hoodies! They are limited! $25 each. Go to D148 to get yours today!
1. STUDENTS, TEACHERS AND STAFF--PUBLISH YOUR ART! Illustrations are needed for next year's BHS College Application handbooks. Hand-drawn or digital, photos, cartoons, crossword puzzles, or whatever—all are fine just so they're original. The art can be in color, but be aware that it will be reproduced in black and white. The artwork can express something about applying to college, life at Berkeley High, student life, or just life. Of course, no objectionable subject matter please. We'll use your name unless you don't want it published; but please include your name and contact info on the back of your art in case we need to contact you, and drop it off in the College/Career Center, attention Nancy Koerner, or send it to downboy1013 at yahoo.com. Deadline is April 1. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Nancy at downboy1013 at yahoo.com
2. Financial Aid Workshops will be in the College Career at 3:30 pm., Tuesdays.
1. If you like Wii Games, Mario Kart, Apples to Apples or other games, stop by the Berkeley Public Library on Thursday afternoons 4:00-5:30. We're on the 3rd floor of the downtown central library, 2090 Kittredge St. Play Wii games on a large projection screen. Questions? Email: bplteen at ci.berkeley.ca.us.
2. Calling all teen writers and artists!! Do you want your work to be published in an Anthology of Writing and Art!?? Then send it to teenswrite2010 at gmail.com by March 15th! Join the facebook group to learn more. Get published and boost your college resume.
The application period for YouthWorks, the City of Berkeley's Youth Employment Program, began February 22, 2010. Qualified Berkeley residents ages 14-25 can apply for a variety of jobs, including childcare, recreation & clerical positions within city departments and community organizations. The pay is $8.00/hr, and youth may work up to 6 hours/day (30 hrs/week) for a period of up to 6 weeks. The tentative start date is July 11, 2010, and interested youth are required to pick up an application in person at 1947 Center Street, Basement. The completed application, with Parental Authorization and all supplemental forms, must be returned by March 31st, including Photo ID, original Social Security Card, Proof of Residence and a typed or word-processed resume. For further information, contact YouthWorks at (510) 981-4970 or email youthworks at cityofberkeley.info.
More information about the BHS