[BHS Etree] ADMIN: BHS Course Selection Process

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Fri Mar 5 10:32:32 PST 2010

Please DO NOT REPLY to the E-tree. Contact Kristin Glenchur [mailto:kglenchur at berkeley.k12.ca.us]

Starting March 8th, Berkeley High counselors will be working with current 9th-11th grade students to make course selections for next year. Students will be provided a copy of the course catalog at least two days prior to their scheduling date. Course Catalogs may also be viewed at http://www.bhs.berkeley.net/uploads/BHSCatalog%2010-11.pdf

Please review the catalog with your child and prepare them to make accurate and wise selections. Students who want to change their small learning community may submit a request during the course selection process. Any changes will be subject to the normal lottery process.

Students will make their selections and, after all BHS students have completed course selections, a copy will be mailed home for their parent/guardian to check. We anticipate that we will do the mailing after spring break. After the forms are mailed, there will be a short window for students to input corrections after school in the library lab.

We will announce when the forms are mailed out over the Etree along with the deadline for your child to make changes. The counselors will be working with our students during class time. Your child should be prepared to ask the counselors questions during this time. Counselors will be available to answer parent questions after spring break.

Kristin Glenchur
Vice-Principal, Berkeley High
kglenchur at berkeley.k12.ca.us
(510) 644-4566 office