[BHS etree] STUDENT ACTIVITIES: Haiti Relief Campaign Update

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Jan 27 21:40:21 PST 2010

Please do not reply to the e-tree. Contact Chris Young [mailto:cyoung at berkeleyhigh.us]

Dear BHS Community Members,

I write to give an update on the Haiti Relief Campaign. As of Wednesday afternoon we have raised just about $10,200. Over $3500 was collected on campus last Friday, a few hundred dollars have come in through the Leadership Office since then, and online we have $5767, a total that grows every day with your generous donations.

While we have exceeded our initial fundraising goal, it is clear that Partners in Health (PIH) can use more resources to continue their leadership in the relief, recovery and eventual rebuilding efforts in Haiti. Please check in with the news as the coming weeks pass and know that you can still donate through us if you'd like to support PIH's work with the Haitian people.

The website to make donations towards our community campaign for Haiti relief is: http://act.pih.org/page/outreach/dashboard/haitiearthquake/BHShelpHaiti.

And look for some local news coverage: The Berkeley Daily Planet and Daily Californian have come to gain information about the campaign for stories we hope to see published.

"Where humanity struggles to live, Berkeley High steps up to give." Thanks again for helping us help Haiti and supporting the education experience this has become for the students at Berkeley High.

- The BHS Student Leadership Team

Contact:
Chris Young, Director of Student Activities