[BHS etree] ADMIN: Exit Exam, fourth call for help AND instructions for students

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Jan 27 11:29:54 PST 2010

Please do not contact the e-tree. Contact: Janet Huseby
[mailto:jhuseby at pacbell.net]

1. Around this time, I start to feel like public radio at the end of a fund drive. I REALLY need a few more people so that the Exit Exam runs smoothly next Tuesday and Wednesday, Feb. 2 and 3. We will have over 800 students (all sophomores and a few seniors) showing up at 7:30 in the morning. The challenge is to check each and every one of them in, get them in place and have the exam start as soon as possible—our record has been 8:15 and we would like to be even better! The more people we have, the faster we can go.

Once the exam starts we need grownups to help the counselors and administrators who will be monitoring the exam and as the morning ends we will need them to start to collect and organize the tests. This task continues on to the afternoon shift. Below are the current number of volunteers and what we still need. Please look it over and see if you can help and then contact me at jhuseby at pacbell.net.

Tuesday

7:15 to 8:30 (need between 12 and 16) We currently have 11

8:30 to  11:45 (need between 6 and 8) We currently have 5

Noon to 3 (need 6) We currently have 3

Wednesday

7:15 to 8:30 (need between 12 and 16) We currently have 9

8:30 to 11:45 (need between 6 and 8) We currently have 7

Noon to 3 (need 6) We currently have 4

I have a handful of parking passes for the second two shifts. (Easy to park on the street for the first shift). A few people have indicated that they need a pass. If you need one, please let me know.

2. Below are instructions for the 10th graders taking the test.

a. All students must take the two day test in order to graduate from high school in California. Next week’s test is for the entire 10th grade.

b. All sophomores and seniors who received notice should report to school by 7:30 am.

c. When students arrive at the old gym there will be signs telling them where to go, and volunteers to help check them in.

d. Students should bring the following:

picture ID,

several Number 2 pencils,

a photo I.D.,

a jacket to stay warm,

and a book to read if they finish one of the sections early.

f. Calculators and scratch paper are not allowed.

g. This is an untimed test; it usually takes only 2 to 3 hours, but students have the regular school day in which to take it.

h. When they finish the test students will go to their class already in progress.

i. The Food Court will be opened a half an hour earlier for breakfast and stay open an hour longer so that students may eat lunch.

j. Students will not be allowed off campus after our regular lunch period.

Janet Huseby
BHS Volunteer Coordinator
jhuseby at pacbell.net
(510) 527-1130