[BHS etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, Fri. 1/22/10
bhs at idiom.com
bhs at idiom.com
Thu Jan 21 16:49:01 PST 2010
STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN
January 22, 2010
*Indicates new or updated item
1. Important Dates:
Final exams are January 27, 28, and 29th
Fall semester ends January 29th
Semester Break and Staff Development is February 1st (no school)
Second Semester starts February 2nd
2. Willard Mathworks will start again Tuesday, February 23rd from 4-5 pm. Training for new tutors will be Tuesday, February 16th. Contact Willardmathworks at gmail.com.
3. In order to support the academic success of all BHS students, the health center will be taking students on a drop in only basis during dead week and finals. Students may come to the health center during that time with a signed note from their teacher or they may make an appointment in the afternoons during finals week. Best of luck with your finals!
4. Students who applied for a PE waiver this fall must pick up their waiver in the counseling office between January 11th and January 29th, for a second signature from your coach or supervisor, then return it to your counselor. If you have any questions please contact Vernon Walton at 644-4569 or Vernon_walton at berkeley.k12.ca.us.
*5. CAHSEE (exit) exam for all sophomores will be Feb. 2nd/3rd. Please mark this date! Please note on these days breakfast will be served at 7:00 am to provide a nutritional morning for students who need to take the test. These two days only will feature cold breakfast items (yogurt, fruit, cereal, cheese, etc.).
*6. Where Humanity struggles to live, Berkeley High steps up to give the people of Haiti the help they need! Let's raise $8,000 together! Bring money to the leadership office. Money will be collected Friday in your 2nd period classes. We've already raised $1,500. Let's do it!
*7. BART tickets orders will be taken on January 26th and 27th at lunchtime only in room D224. Tickets price is $16.00. Cash only - no checks, exact price for tickets will be appreciated.
*8. Finals are next week so take advantage of the Teacher Tutorials and the Student Learning Center available. Monday through Friday from 3:30- 6:00pm. We have a full-time Writing Tutor and Cal tutors in most subjects.
*9. To support our hard working, diligent students at the end of the semester, teacher librarians Ms. P and Ms. G-E will keep the computer lab open every day during lunch through January 29. We will also keep the lab open in the afternoon on finals days until 3:30 pm. As always, the library will stay open until 4:30 pm.
1. Chorus Club and Vocal Jazz Ensemble are back after their successful debut performance! As a reminder, Chorus Club meets Tuesdays and Thursdays at lunch in A201. Vocal Jazz Ensemble meets Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 4:30 in A201. It's not too late to join! Feel free to drop by!
2. This is a reminder to all members of the California Scholarship Federation. Both volunteer timesheets and $20 cash fundraising are due on January 31st in the College/Career Center. Please contact csfbhs at gmail.com with questions.
1. Anyone interested in playing Girls Lacrosse come out to the BHS track! We will meet Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 4-5 for pre-season conditioning. Everyone is welcome, no experience necessary. For more information, contact captains Samantha Flounders at Samantha at 5vforest.net or Kate Armstrong at kategotkicks at gmail.com.
*2. Spring Sports:
Athletic packets, including current physicals, must be turned into the Athletic Director's office as soon as possible. The paperwork, along with semester grades must be cleared BEFORE February 8th, the first day of tryouts.
Spring Sports: Badminton, Baseball, Boys Crew, Girls Crew, Boys Golf, Boys Lacrosse, Girls Lacrosse, Softball, Girls Swimming and Diving, Boys Swimming and Diving, Boys Tennis, Girls Track and Field, Boys Track and Field, Boys Volleyball. Tryouts start: Monday, February 8th, after school. Location details will be announced.
Packets: Athletic packets can be picked up in the Athletic Director's office and at the BHS front desk. GPA: Must have at least a 2.0 for Fall Semester.
*3. Interested in Joining Berkeley's Best Spirit Squad? Join us at our annual BHS Spiritleading, Parent-Student Information meeting, Wednesday, February, 10, 2010 at 6:30pm at Berkeley High School, (Location TBA). Applications will be distributed at the meeting. For more information contact Head Coach Sandra McGill: scmcgillcheer at att.net. Thanks!
Juniors: please pick up your PSAT scores in the College Career Center at lunch or after school. You will need to show a picture ID to receive them.
1. Cupid's Ball is this year's theme for BHS's "WinterBall!" Come if you want a great time dancing and hanging with friends. The date is February 6th from 7 pm until 11 pm in the Jacket Gym. Cupid's Ball is less then a month away. Tickets are being sold after school and at lunch everyday in the athletic office. Next to the Donahue Gym. Prices go up $5 each week. So get your tickets as soon as possible.
2. Crab Feed Fundraiser for Rise Program, will be Friday, February 5th in the BHS Cafeteria. Tickets can be purchased in G111. All you can eat crab, pasta, salad and bread. Live Entertainment.
1. Homework Helper needed evenings around 6 pm in math and language arts for 9th grade girl. One hour 2 times per week. Pay $12/hr. Location close to BHS. Junior who is willing to do it for 2 years preferred. Interested students email: mickydux at earthlink.net
*2. A Latin tutor is needed for a freshman Latin student. He will need a meeting 2-3 times a week for about an hour. The pay is $12 per hour. Contact 510-527-1378, if interested.
More information about the BHS