[BHS etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, Tues., 1/19
bhs at idiom.com
bhs at idiom.com
Sat Jan 16 09:37:56 PST 2010
STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN
January 19, 2010
*Indicates new or updated item
*1. No School Monday, January 18, 2010 for the Martin L King Jr. Holiday
2. Important Dates:
Final exams are January 27, 28, and 29th / Fall semester ends January 29th
/ Semester Break and Staff Development is February 1st (no school) / Second
Semester starts February 2nd
3. Willard Mathworks will start again Tuesday, February 23rd from 4-5 pm.
Training for new tutors will be Tuesday, February 16th. Contact
Willardmathworks at gmail.com
*4. To support our hard working, diligent students at the end of the
semester, teacher librarians Ms. P and Ms. G-E will keep the computer lab
open every day during lunch through January 29. We will also keep the lab
open in the afternoon on finals days until 3;30pm. As always, the library
will stay open until 4;30 pm.
5. In order to support the academic success of all BHS students, the health
center will be taking students on a drop in only basis during dead week and
finals. Students may come to the health center during that time with a
signed note from their teacher or they may make an appointment in the
afternoons during finals week. Best of luck with your finals!
6. Students who applied for a PE waiver this fall must pick up their waiver
in the counseling office between January 11th and January 29th, for a second
signature from your coach or supervisor, then return it to your counselor.
If you have any questions please contact Vernon Walton at 644-4569 or
Vernon_walton at berkeley.k12.ca.us
7. CAHSEE (exit) exam for all sophomores will be Feb. 2nd/3rd. Please mark
8. The American Red Cross is in great need of blood. The Student Leadership
team has stepped up to help sponsor a blood drive for this month on next
Wednesday, January 20 from 8:30-2:30 in the Community Theater Lobby. There
is a shortage at the blood banks this time of year. Sign up to donate blood
on the Senior steps today at lunch. The Blood Drive is coming soon!
*1. Earphone English - Wednesday at lunch in C116 as usual.
2. Chorus Club and Vocal Jazz Ensemble are back after their successful debut
performance! As a reminder, Chorus Club meets Tuesdays and Thursdays at
lunch in A201. Vocal Jazz Ensemble meets Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
4:30 in A201. It's not too late to join! Feel free to drop by!
3. This is a reminder to all members of the California Scholarship
Federation. Both volunteer timesheets and $20 cash fundraising are due on
January 31st in the College/Career Center. Please contact csfbhs at gmail.com
1. All girls interested in playing softball this year can join our
conditioning program which begins Jan.19. We will meet at the track
bleachers at 4 pm . Conditioning will be held every Tuesday, Wednesday and
Friday from 4:00-5:15pm. Please wear warm clothing and running shoes. You
will not need your softball equipment until tryouts which begin February 8
at Grove Park. You can not tryout until your application/Doctor's release
has been turned in to the athletic department.
2. Anyone interested in playing women's lacrosse come out to the BHS track!
We will meet Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 4-5 for
pre-season conditioning. Everyone is welcome, no experience necessary. For
more information, contact captains Samantha Flounders at
Samantha at 5vforest.net or Kate Armstrong at kategotkicks at gmail.com.
3. There will be an informational meeting of all returning swimmers and
divers and all new students interested in swimming or diving for the
upcoming season. This meeting will be Thursday, January 21st at lunchtime
at the swimming pool.
1. Juniors: please pick up your PSAT scores in the College Career Center at
lunch or after school. You will need to show a picture ID to receive them.
1. Cupid's Ball is this year's theme for BHS's "WinterBall!" Come if you
want a great time dancing and hanging with friends. The date is February
6th from 7pm until 11pm in the jacket Gym. Tickets go on sale this Friday
after school in the main box office for $20. This is a one-day offer so buy
them Friday, January 8th. You must have your school ID. Next week the
tickets will increase to $25. Get your tickets!!!!
2. Crab Feed Fundraiser for Rise Program, will be Friday, February 5th in
the BHS Cafeteria. Tickets can be purchased in G111. All you can eat crab,
pasta, salad and bread. Live Entertainment.
1. Homework Helper needed evenings around 6pm in math and language arts for
9th grade girl. One hour 2 times per week. Pay $12/hr. Location close to
BHS Junior who is willing to do it for 2 years preferred. Interested
students email; mickydux at earthlink.net
More information about the BHS