[BHS etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, Fri. 12/18

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Thu Dec 17 14:50:52 PST 2009

STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN
Dec. 18, 2009

*Indicates new or updated item

ADMINISTRATION

*1. Winter recess begins December 21st and ends January 1st. Students return to school on January 4th.

2. Important Dates:
Final exams are January 27, 28, and 29th.
Fall semester ends January 29th.
Spring Break and Staff Development is February 1st
Spring Semester starts February 2nd.

3. Please check the tables in the hallway next to the library for any lost and found items. All items not claimed by Friday, 12/18 will be donated to local shelters. Thank you.

4. Yearbook sale - Buy in H102B during 7th period. $70 until winter break, also buy at myyear.com.

CLUBS

*1. Come to the Chinese Culture Club in C315 on Friday at lunch. Today we'll finish "the secret" and read a short paragraph, so if you are interested in learning Chinese, come to C315 at lunch today.

2. Do you have an artistic talent you want to share with the world? Then APIC is looking for YOU! We would like to invite you to participate in APIC's T-shirt contest. Submit a T-shirt design including the word "celebrASIAN" in the design. All designs go to room C334. The deadline is Friday, December 18th. Win up to $40; more money for your holiday shopping.

COLLEGE/CAREER CENTER

*Juniors please pick up your PSAT scores in the College Career Center at lunch or after school. You will need to show a picture ID to receive them.

EVENTS/PERFORMANCES

1. The annual fundraising calendar sales for Berkeley High School's CAS video program are continuing. These are 2010 wall, page-a-day and engagement calendars that are currently selling in stores for $12-$18. We are selling them for only $5.00 each. We have, art, travel, humor, children's, sports, spiritual, etc. They make great gifts. There is ONLY 1 SALE DAY LEFT.
WHEN: Saturday December 19 from noon until 3pm
WHERE: 2310 Valley St. This is 3 blocks west of Sacramento St. off Channing Way. Rain or Shine.

2. Save the date! "What's Up With College?" Night: Thurs, Jan. 7th, 2010, 7:00-9:00 pm (our first week back from Winter break)! Hear recent BHS grads talk about College Life. Sponsored by Academic Choice – All BHS students & families invited to attend! In the Food Court & the Library.

*3. MORP is on January 15th from 6-10 pm. It's a dance to have fun and enjoy your friends. Tickets will be on sale the Monday we return to school. Tickets are $5.