[BHS etree] MISC: Writer Coach Training Jan-Feb 2010

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Sun Dec 13 09:29:30 PST 2009

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Sahib-Amar Khalsa
[mailto:sakk at mindspring.com ]

Become a Writing Coach This Spring!

You can make a difference at Berkeley High this spring. Register today for
one of our spring volunteer trainings and help students develop writing and
thinking skills in their 9th and 10th grade English classes.

Working in one-on-one writing conferences with students, WCC volunteers
bring  encouragement and assistance to the difficult task of putting ideas
into words on a page. Students are grateful, teachers supported, and
volunteers find the work incredibly satisfying. Coaches work with students
at all achievement levels and with every student in the class.

The volunteer commitment is only 1-2 hours twice a month (Friday mornings).
WCC provides all the training and support you'll need to be a terrific
coach. We encourage volunteers of diverse ethnicities, ages, and walks of
life-all are welcome!

 Upcoming training schedule:

Training #10  Wed  1/13 & 1/20  6:30-9:30 pm

Training #11  Thu   1/14 & 1/21  12:00-3:00 pm

Training #12  Wed   1/27 & 2/3   6:30-9:30 pm

Training #13  Tue    2/2  & 2/9    12:00-3:00 pm

Training #14  Thu    2/18 & 2/25  12:00-3:00 pm

 We also have four college trainings scheduled for Cal students.

Register today and learn strategies to help teens-including your own-gain
confidence, improve skills and complete assignments. To register:
www.writercoachconnection.org (go to "Volunteer").

Sahib-Amar Khalsa

BHS Site Coordinator - WriterCoach Connection

510-237-6963