[BHS etree] STUDENT ACTIVITIES: 2nd call for support of Holiday Meal, Sat. 12/12

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Mon Nov 30 19:46:28 PST 2009

Please do not reply to the e-tree; contact Chris Young [mailto:cyoung at berkeley.k12.ca.us]

The Annual BHS Holiday Meal for the homeless and hungry is fast approaching (Saturday, December 12) and we need your help. We are concerned that we will not have enough food to offer the predicted exceptionally high number of attendees this year.

What can really help us is the following:

1. Fresh food: Turkeys, hams, tamales, big salads, cookies, etc. Anything you can bring on Friday, December 11 or the day of the event, Saturday, December 12 will ease our kitchen madness and bring delight to our guests. Just let me know what and when you can bring it and we'll plan to receive you at the main entrance to the school at Milvia/Allston.

2. Canned and packaged foods: Please send with your student to Berkeley High. 2nd period classes are competing with each other to bring in the most canned/packaged food.

3. Monetary donations: Cash or checks written to "BHS Leadership" will help us with expenses such as helping to pay custodial or safety staff and needed items to complete recipes. If you work for a business or organization that may be interested in donating, please encourage such a gesture. Receipts can be given (BHS Tax I.D. #946002113).

Thank you so much!
Chris Young and the BHS Student Leadership Team

Contact: Chris Young, Director of Student Activities -
cyoung at berkeley.k12.ca.us
510.644.8990