[BHS etree] FUNDRAISING: Orchestra and Band Winter Concert and Auction

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue Nov 24 22:42:48 PST 2009

Do not reply to this e-mail, please contact Achilles Speliotopoulos
[mailto:achilles at sonic.net]

The Berkeley High School orchestra and concert band has been invited to
perform at the Los Angeles International Music Festival next June at the
prestigious Walt Disney Concert Hall, home to the Los Angeles Philharmonic.
The Friends of the Berkeley High School Orchestra and Band are committed to
making this trip accessible to all of our concert band and orchestra members
regardless of their financial needs. We are in the process of raising
$14,442 for our scholarship fund to ensure that a student’s participation at
the performance will be determined by their hard work and dedication, and
not on their ability to pay for the trip.

We need your help to raise this $14,442 for the scholarship fund.  During
the next few weeks, we will be hosting the following two fundraising events
that will benefit the fund:

1. First, this Saturday, November 28 from 9:00AM to 10:00PM, we will be
holding a fundraiser at the Barnes and Noble at the El Cerrito Shopping
Center.  Your purchases at ANY Barnes and Noble on this day will support the
orchestra’s scholarship fund.  Simply present the ID number, 10042109, or
tell the cashier to credit Berkeley High Band and Orchestra before you make
your purchase.  Your purchases can have double the impact on school programs
when you also purchase a book from the Berkeley High School library’s wish
list!

2. Then on December 10, the Berkeley High School Orchestra and Band will
have their Winter Concert and Silent Auction.  This event will be held at
the Community Theater at 6:30PM.  Music from French composers will be
performed, and a teacher-lead Can-Can will be danced during the evening.
Before the performances, we will have a silent auction that will benefit the
Berkeley High School orchestra and concert band scholarship fund.  A
preliminary list of silent auction items can be viewed at
http://bhs-sa.borucki-gibson.com/index.html.  Please join us for an evening
of music and dancing.

We hope that we can count on your help!

Happy Holidays,
The Friends of the Berkeley High School Orchestra and Band