[BHS etree] FUNDRAISING: BHS Development Group Grants Announced

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Nov 11 17:46:26 PST 2009

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY to the etree, contact the BHS Development Group [mailto:grants at bhsdg.org]

The Berkeley High School Development Group (BHSDG) is pleased to announce that we have funded the following grants at our November meeting:

Mouse Squad Tools, Ben Sanoff - purchase of tools for students trained to fix problems with technology infrastructure at BHS

Integrated Science Field Trip to Exploratorium, Dorothy Liu - help with transportation costs

AP Environmental Science Field Trip, Mardi Sicular-Mertens - help with transportation costs to do restoration at Eden Landing, in partnership with Save the Bay

The Green Pages, Anna Guth (student) - printing costs of a new supplement to the Jacket focused on environmental news

BHS Chorus, Scott Dailey - building choral music library for club and Jazz choir, entry fees for competition, etc.

Health Center, Lisa Sterner - Substance Use Prevention Program

We are grateful to all of our donors who allow us to support many programs at Berkeley High School!

The Annual Report of the BHSDG has just arrived in your mailboxes. Please consider making a donation to the Berkeley High School Development Group so that we can continue supporting Berkeley High School, and making a difference in this difficult time of budget cuts. If you did not receive an Annual Report, please contact us at:  treasurer at bhsdg.org or 510-464 1181.