[BHS etree] PARENT ED: Reminder! Tonight, Mon Nov 9th -- Making/Breaking Rules

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Mon Nov 9 07:16:44 PST 2009

Please do not reply to the e-tree; contact Wendy Lukas [mailto:wlukas at sbcglobal.net]

Dear Berkeley High School Parents and Guardians,

Please join us TONIGHT for our first parent education event for the 2009-10 school year and bring other BHS parents and guardians with you!

When: Monday, November 9, 7:15 to 9:00PM
Where: BHS Library
Topic: Making the Rules/Breaking the Rules: How To Keep Lines of Communication Open with your Teenager
Presentor: Lenny Levis, PhD
Cost: Funded by the BHS Development Group but donations are welcome!

We will discuss the developmental taks and challenges of adolescence focusing on roles, authority and communication between teens and parents.

Lenny Levis, PhD, is a clinical psychologist in Berkeley. He has over 30 years of experience in providing psychotherapy and has specialized in the treatment of teens and their families. Dr. Levis is currently on the senior supervisory staff of the West Coast Children's Clinic where he provides consultation, supervision and training for the staff. Dr. Levis was the Clinical Director and Director of Training at the West Coast Children's Clinic for 15 years. He is a frequent presentor on topics relating to parenting and child and adolescent development.

We are especially excited to have Dr Levis join us given his long and very relevant experience working with families in the East Bay and we think this will be a great evening.

We have received many RSVPs. Thank you! If you know you plan to attend, please RSVP to Audrey at audrey12 at comcast.net or Wendy at wlukas at sbcglobal.net. This helps us plan for space/chairs and hand outs... but whether or not you RSVP, please join us.

We look forward to seeing you tonight!

Regards,

Audrey Spector and Wendy Lukas
Parent Volunteers