[BHS etree] PARENT ED: Reminder: Monday, Nov 9th: Making, Breaking Rules

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Sun Nov 1 22:12:00 PST 2009

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Wendy Lukas
[mailto:wlukas at sbcglobal.net]

Dear Berkeley High School Parents and Guardians,

One week away....  this is a reminder of our first parent education event
for the 2009-10 school year.  Please join us for this informative evening
and bring other BHS parents and guardians with you!

When: Monday, November 9, 7:15 to 9:00PM
Where: BHS Library
Topic: Making the Rules/Breaking the Rules: How To Keep Lines of
Communication Open with your Teenager
Presenter: Lenny Levis, PhD
Cost: Funded by the BHS Development Group but donations are welcome!

We will discuss the developmental tasks and challenges of adolescence
focusing on roles, authority and communication between teens and parents.

Lenny Levis, PhD, is a clinical psychologist in Berkeley.  He has over 30
years of experience in providing psychotherapy and has specialized in the
treatment of teens and their families.  Dr. Levis is currently on the senior
supervisory staff of the West Coast Children's Clinic where he provides
consultation, supervision and training for the staff.  Dr. Levis was the
Clinical Director and Director of Training at the West Coast Children's
Clinic for 15 years.  He is a frequent presenter on topics relating to
parenting and child and adolescent development.

We are especially excited to have Dr Levis join us given his long and very
relevant experience working with families in the East Bay and we think this
will be a great evening.

We have received many RSVPs.  Thank you!  If you know you plan to attend,
please RSVP to Audrey at audrey12 at comcast.net or Wendy at
wlukas at sbcglobal.net.  This helps us plan for space/chairs and hand outs...
but whether or not you RSVP, please join us.

We look forward to seeing you on Monday, November 9 at 7:15pm.

Regards,

Audrey Spector and Wendy Lukas
Parent Volunteers