[BHS etree] STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN: Wed. Oct. 14, 2009

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue Oct 13 15:58:42 PDT 2009

STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN
Oct. 14, 2009

*Indicates new or updated item

ADMINISTRATION

1. The PSAT will be given today, October 14 from 8:30-11:30 am. This is a mandatory test for all sophomores and they will automatically be registered. Sophomores who do not take the test will be marked absent periods 1-3.

*2. CAP and GOWN orders- Seniors you can place your cap and gown orders on the following days:
Wednesday 10/14       Lunchtime in the quad - Last names (A-H)
Thursday  10/15       Lunchtime in the quad - Last names (I-P)
Friday  10/16         Lunchtime in the quad - Last names (Q-Z)

CLUBS

*1. Are you an awesome artist or do you love lettering? Are you a website guru? Want to get in touch with famous alumni from Berkeley High? Do you speak another language? If so leadership wants you! We need creative, positive people from all backgrounds to apply for new positions. We want to serve YOUR interests so we need YOUR input. So COME PICK UP AN APPLICATION in the leadership Office, D148 between the counselors' offices and the food court salad bar! Yeah all right!!

*2. Earphone English today at lunch in C116. Next Chapter!!

*3. VOCAL JAZZ - MON/WED/FRI 4:30-5:30 IN A201

*4. CHORUS CLUB -
- Vocal Improv Workshop – Tuesdays 4-5:30 IN A205
- Main Singing Group – Tuesdays and Thursdays at lunch in A201 (Band Room)

SPORTS

1. Anyone interested is welcome at open gym on Mondays from 4-6 and Wednesdays from 4:30-6:30. We are also offering strength and conditioning on the track from 4:00-5:00 and in the weight room from 5:00-6:00 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. These opportunities are available to all students attending BHS. Thank you!

*2. Girls Soccer Info Meeting Friday Oct. 16 at lunch at the turf field bleachers.

JOBS

YouthWorks is the City of Berkeley's Youth Employment Program. The 2009 fall after-school program will be accepting applications from October 1st until October 31st. Interested youth are required to come in person to the Youth Works Office at 1947 Center Street, Basement, to pick up an application, starting Thursday, October 1st. For more info: (510)981-4970 or youthworks at cityofberkeley.info

SENIOR/JUNIOR SECTION

1. Students who need fee waivers: We have ACT fee waivers and SAT fee waivers.

*2. COLLEGE VISITS: FOR SENIORS ONLY!!!!!
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
    9:31 am    Bard College @ Simon's Rock
Thursday, October 15, 2009
    8:27 am    Union College (NY)
    9:31 am    Babson College
    10:40 am   Otis College of Art and Design
    12:24 pm   University of the Arts
    2:32 pm    College of Wooster
Friday, October 16, 2009
    8:27 am    Humboldt Sate University
    9:31 am    George Washington (DC)
    10:40 am   U of Washington Seattle
    12:24 pm   Colorado College
    1:28 pm    Middlebury College
    2:32 pm    Amherst (MA)

EVENTS/PERFORMANCES

1. The BHS Spring  Musical will be the Broadway Hit: "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee." Auditions coming in October. Show opens April 7th. See Mr. Winer for details!

2. Become a famous graphic artist!  Create the Artwork and design for this year's BHS Jazz t-shirt. Artwork entries are due in the band room (A105) by October 21. Voting by BHS jazz students will be October 22nd. Pick up an entry flyer in the band room today!