[BHS etree] VOLUNTEERS: E-scrip Help Needed

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue Oct 13 10:14:16 PDT 2009

Do not reply to this e-mail, please contact Linda Safarik-Tong at [mail
to: scrip at bhsdg.org <mailto:scrip at bhsdg.org> ]

The scrip program needs an infusion of new energy!

A.  We need a monthly deliverer for North Berkeley, north of Solano Ave.
This is a good route to walk/hike and takes about an hour or so.

B.  We need a co-coordinator.  For the last 4 years, there has been one
person doing purchase, distribution, deposits, and accounting.  That
person is getting tired!  We're looking for someone to share the
coordinator job.  A new volunteer could do one of two aspects of
coordination:

1.  Purchase scrip from stores, process monthly orders, distribute those
orders to neighborhood deliverers, and fill occasional orders as they
come in throughout the month.  Depending on the number of requests for
scrip during the month, this job takes 7 or more hours per month

OR

2.  Make deposits and do the accounting at the end of the month.  This
is the smaller of the two jobs.  We usually do 3 deposits each month.
This work takes 4- 5 hours

per month.

IF you are the least bit interested or just want to find out more about
the jobs, please contact Linda Safarik-Tong at scrip at bhsdg.org
<http://us.mc322.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=scrip@bhsdg.org> .  No
pressure, I promise!