[BHS etree] SCRIP: Thank You! Why You Should Buy...

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Oct 7 08:45:05 PDT 2009

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact  BHS Development Group
[mailto:bhs_scrip at yahoo.com]

MANY THANKS TO THOSE WHO PURCHASED SCRIP AT BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT

The Development Group sold over $7,600 in scrip last week at Back to School
Night.  That's a new record!  THANK-YOU to all who made purchases.

Now, scrip becomes a powerful fundraiser when you become a regular buyer.
If a person buys $200 of Berkeley Bowl once, we earn $8.  If that person
buys $200  monthly, BHS makes $96/year.  Remember the fable "The Tortoise
and the Hare"?  .....scrip is the tortoise.  Scrip raises money slowly, but
if you buy steadily, we all win!

So, if you are a "regular" at Berkeley Bowl, The Natural Grocery Company,
Peet's or Five Star video,  PLEASE.....contact me when you run out of scrip.
The BHS Development Group delivers scrip all year long to Berkeley
addresses.  We are a "green" team of 5  people who cover Berkeley during the
first week of every month delivering monthly scrip subscriptions on foot and
by bicycle.

Jenny Burroughs, Tricia Goldberg, Carolyn Marley, and Diana Rossi along with
myself make up your delivery team.  With about 2-3% of school families
participating on a regular basis, we earn between $16,000 - $17,000 a year.
(About 30% of participating households no longer have students at BHS!)
This is a fundraising tool that still has a lot of potential to earn more
for BHS.  Berkeley Bowl alone donated over $10,000 last year through the
sale of scrip.

For more information, contact Linda Safarik-Tong at bhs_scrip at yahoo.com or
524-5544