[BHS etree] ADMIN: Yet more on student absences!

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Thu Sep 24 16:40:29 PDT 2009

Please do not contact the e-tree; contact Janet Huseby  [mailto:jhuseby at pacbell.net]

It turns out that it takes a village to put together an announcement on student absences.

Below, two additional points thanks to another sharp eyed parent:

1.Parents/guardians do not have to clear their children's absences when their student leaves school early for a BHS athletic event. That should  happen automatically. Now, occasionally a coach is slow to turn in his or her roster to the Attendance Office. In that case, if we are already doing automatic calls and you receive one, do not worry. It is not your job to clear.

2. Exit Exams, APs, STAR, etc. operate the same as Athletic Events. That is, if you receive a phone call reporting that your child is absent and you know he or she was in the exam, do not worry. The administrator in charge of the exam will make sure all students present at the exam are excused.

3. If I have left something else out, please let me know!

Janet Huseby
BHS Volunteer Coordinator