[BHS etree] BHSDG: September Grants

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Thu Sep 24 16:18:01 PDT 2009

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY to the etree, contact the BHS Development Group
[mailto:grants at bhsdg.org]

The Berkeley High School Development Group (BHSDG) is pleased to announce that we have funded the following grants at our September meeting:

After School Tutoring - funded BHS teachers who will be offering free tutoring to all BHS students in a variety of subjects, schedules will be posted soon

Independent Study Tutoring - funded Independent Study teachers who will be offering tutoring to IS students

College and Career Center - 12 new computer workstations to replace old, non-working computers

Teacher classroom grants - $200 for every teacher in BHS, BTech and Independent Study for supplies, etc. that benefit student learning

Student Learning Center, Christina Mitchell - Writing Tutor position, providing writing tutoring and supervisorial help for the Student Learning Center

Parent Education speakers, Audrey Spector/Wendy Lukas - presentations on topics of interest to BHS parents

Study Skills Workshops, Christina Mitchell - 3 study skills workshops conducted at BHS by Classroom Matters

AHA, Shannon Erby - AHA Leadership supplies and T-shirts

Discretionary Fund grant to School Principal, Jim Slemp

Discretionary Fund grants given to the following BHS departments:  Front Office, Registrar Office, Counseling Office, College and Career Center, Counseling Dept., Health Center, Library, Parent Resource Center, Special Education Dept., Student Learning Center

We are grateful to all of our donors who allow us to support many programs at Berkeley High School.

The next meeting of the BHSDG is Monday, October 5, 7-9pm in the School Library.  We are an all-volunteer parent group that raises funds and gives grants to faculty, administrators, and student clubs at Berkeley High School.

We are particularly looking for people who are interested in working on our big fundraising gala, BHS Live! - a silent/live auction and BHS adult community party that will take place in the early spring.  The first planning meeting is on Tuesday, Sept. 29 at 5:30pm in Conference Room B in the Administration Building.  Please email or call us if you are interested in helping with this event!

Questions?  Call 510-464-1181