[BHS etree] ADMIN: Fall exit exam explanation and call for help

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Mon Sep 21 10:41:48 PDT 2009

Contact: Janet Huseby [mailto:jhuseby at pacbell.net]

In order to receive a California high school diploma, all students must pass
an exam testing their basic knowledge of Math and English.  This exam,
commonly known as the Exit Exam and part of the No Child Left Behind
legislation, is offered four times each year.  All sophomores take the
two-day exam once, in February.  Juniors who need to retake a portion or
were not enrolled in a California public school as a sophomore, have two
opportunities to take the exam; seniors have three opportunities.  The exam
for juniors and seniors will be offered week after next on Tuesday and
Wednesday, October 6 and 7, and then again on November 3 and 4.

The Exit Exam is a high stakes exam and we want to do our best to support
our students by providing a calm and orderly atmosphere.  For the Fall
exams, counselors will do most of the monitoring but we need parent
volunteers who can come from 7:15 to 9 a.m. all four days to help check in
the students. If you can possibly help week after next (and/or next month)
with this important but short endeavor, please let me know.  --Janet

Janet Huseby
BHS Volunteer Coordinator
jhuseby at pacbell.net
(510) 527-1130