[BHS etree] VOLUNTEERS: Three interesting opportunities

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Thu Sep 10 22:32:08 PDT 2009

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Janet Huseby
[mailto:jhuseby at pacbell.net]

Below are three very interesting volunteer opportunities.

1. On Friday Sept. 25, Watershed Poetry Festival Poets will be coming once
again to BHS.  Teacher Alan Miller needs 10 volunteers to come for 2.5 hours
from 9:20 until 11:40. The poets will be reading in the Little Theatre.  Mr.
Miller wants volunteers to lead classes to seats, to sit in the audience,
and to enjoy the reading.  If you can help, please contact Alan Miller at
amiller at berkeley.k12.ca.us

2. AP Environmental Science teacher Mardi Mertens needs classroom volunteers
periods 2,3,4,5 to mark journals and monitor tests.  Class sizes are huge
this year, and we need another friendly pair of eyes and a helping hand in
the classroom.
These are the dates we need volunteers.
Sept. 17-18
Oct. 1-2
Oct. 15-16
Oct. 29-30
Nov. 19-20
Dec. 8-9
Jan. 7-8
Jan. 27,28,29
Please let Mardi know if you can help out any of these dates.  Her email is
eemaaj at aol.com and her phone is 510-520-4468

3. Our Supply Officer at Berkeley High, Rhonda Jefferson, is looking for
some strong people next week willing to help deliver supplies to various
classrooms.  She would like the person(s) to come in the morning, preferably
periods two and three (9:30 to 11:30).  If you can help, please contact
Rhonda at Rhonda_Jefferson at berkeley.k12.ca.us

Thank you!