[BHS etree] ADMIN: Beginning of the Year Information

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Sun Aug 30 21:58:28 PDT 2009

Please do not contact the e-tree; contact: Janet Huseby jhuseby at pacbell.net

1. School starts at 8:27 on this Wednesday, September 2.  Students should report directly to their first period class.  If your student can't find their class, have them come to the Front Desk in the Admin building and we will help them.

2. There is no zero period on the first day of school.

3. Students who have not yet turned in an emergency card (and other forms) should walk in through the main doors.  We will be collecting all forms at the Front Desk.

4. If your student has not yet had their picture ID taken or checked out textbooks, they should come to the foyer of the Community Theater (on BHS campus) Tuesday, September 1 between 8:30 and noon, 1 and 2:45.  Pictures will be in the foyer of the Community Theater. Schedules will be handed out in the Counselor's Office. Textbooks will be issued from  the Book Room.  Unfortunately, there are no lockers left. I do not know if Ms Eastman is keeping a waiting list, but if you really want a locker, please look for her in H104. Tuesday is a teacher work day and they have priority at the cameras.  Expect lines.

5. If your student can not come on Tuesday for a makeup picture, we will be taking pictures and handing out schedules starting at 7:15 on the first day of school (Wednesday).

6.  Volunteers are needed for Tuesday's pictures, schedules and textbooks (8:30 a.m. on).  Volunteers are needed Wednesday morning to pass out schedules (starting at 7 a.mn.) Volunteers are needed for the first 10 days of school (September 2 through September 16) to help with the all school census from 9:45 to 10:30 Tuesday-Friday; 11 to 11:30 on Monday, September 14. If you can help, please come to the Front Desk.  The census is very important.

7. I am assuming we will need runners throughout the day to deliver schedule changes the first few days of school—but maybe not.  If you do not mind coming in and finding out we are in good shape, please come in!

8. Starting this Monday, all cars without proper parking passes will be towed from the teachers' lots.  Please do not park on campus during school hours! There is two hour parking (non-metered) on MLK and west, paid lots, and metered parking closer to school.

9. In the morning, please drop your students off along Milvia. Do not double park or you will be ticketed.

10.  Every Monday this year will be a late start. Students report at 9:57 a.m. on Mondays (no zero period). The rest of the week first period starts at 8:27 (zero period is 7:23). 7th period lets out at 4:19 p.m. on Mondays; 4:34 p.m. on Tuesday-Friday.

11. 216 volunteers enabled the smoothest registration yet to happen on the Berkeley High campus last week.  Community, you are the best! Great things to come this year . . .

Janet Huseby
BHS Volunteer Coordinator
jhuseby at pacbell.net
(510) 527-1130