[BHS etree] ADMIN: Summer mailing content

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Aug 5 22:14:53 PDT 2009

Do not reply to this e-mail, please contact Janet Huseby at jhuseby at pacbell.net

1.  Wednesday morning, August 5 the summer mailing—59 sacks full—was hauled in triumph to the post office across the street. That was the fastest mailing in six years—a tribute to the 75 volunteers who came in on Tuesday and the 41 that came on Wednesday.  What a wonderful community.  How can our children be anything but the best with such support?  Thank you, thank you!

2.  The mailing went by standard mail formerly known as bulk.  The post office has a couple of weeks to deliver standard mail but we are hoping you will receive it faster.  Despite what is written on the sheet of paper listing contents, you should look for 21 items in your packet.

3. Content:

1. Registration Directions

2. Jacket Subscription Form

3. 2nd Jacket subscription form for supplement

4. Emergency Card

5. Bell Schedule

6. Calendar

7. Health Center information

8. Athletic information

9. School Picture information

10. PTSA Newsletter

11. PTSA membership envelope

12. Development Fund information

13. Escrip information

14. Etree information

15. A letter from Principal Slemp

16. Flu information from City of Berkeley Health Department

17. Black Family Reunion flyer

18. Student Activities Form

19. Map

20. Student Directory Release Forms

21. Table of contents

4. BE sure to read everything carefully and SAVE the envelope in which it comes.  On the label you will find your student’s ID number (essential for registration) AND the time your student should come to registration.

5. Registration is August 24 to 28.  I will be putting out a call for help tomorrow as we need 30 to 40 people each day. Your child should bring all the forms (filled out) that you receive in the summer packet.   In addition, he or she should bring $3 for the required student organizer.

6. And again, thank you to the wonderful volunteers—parents, guardians, aunts, brothers and sisters, students themselves—who made the summer mailing possible.  Our new school year has been launched with enthusiasm!  Good things to come 2009 to 2010…

Janet

Janet Huseby
BHS Volunteer Coordinator
jhuseby at pacbell.net