[BHS etree] MISC: ACLU Summer Field Investigation Program

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed May 20 17:59:50 PDT 2009

Please do not contact the e-tree; contact David Luu david_luu at berkeley.k12.ca.us

The Friedman Project of the ACLU is looking for 20 young people to attend a week long summer field investigation for youth ages 13-19. We will travel around Northern California to visit an amazing array of people and places. Some questions we hope to explore are:

-What are the histories of LGBTQ resistance? Who led and participated in them? Is history portrayed accurately? Why or why not?

-What does the acronym LGBTQ mean? Who is centralized and marginalized even within the acronym? How has the queer movement changed over time?

-How do LGBTQ struggles connect to other struggles for justice and liberation?

-What are school struggles experienced by LGBTQQ young people? What are we taught about LGBTQQ people in schools? What are school movements for LGBTQQ justice?

-What would a world that celebrated all genders and sexualities look like?

Interested?  Then you should apply!! Come see Mr. Luu in H104 to get an application or email him at david_luu at berkeley.k12.ca.us, or you can also visit http://www.aclunc.org/youth for more information.

Thanks!

David Luu
Program Coordinator
Berkeley High Student Court